Miami

If you've been thinking about getting a 20D...

There is a reputable seller on eBay selling them for $1375 (thanks to a $100 rebate from Canon)...and that is with a high dollar (17-85 USM IS) lens. I ordered the exact same setup from him a month ago and he is legit.

Just thought I would throw that out there is case anyone was interested...
Miami

The 17-85 is a much nicer lens...if you visit canon's website you can get all of the specifics for each lens.
The differences I got it for were 1)it's a little wider, 2)Ultrasonic motor means faster focusing, and 3)Image stabilization means not as much motion blur from my movement.
Basically the 17-85 USM IS is just a much higher quality lens...the 18-55 is one of the cheaper lenses that canon makes, but I do know of people using it successfully in skydiving.
Hope this helps...
Miami

Ritz Camera also sells it for either that same price or pretty close.

I have no idea how well the 10d or 20d flys...but I shoot a 10D for terrestial photography and its a great camera. Its heavier than the 20d (3.6 oz heavier) and slightly larger, but the MP isn't much less. The camera body of a 10d is metal and quite solid.

A Google search will bring up a couple comparisons between the two types.

Only reason I post here is that you may find a 10d cheap relative to the 20d if you want to get into digital but cost is a factor. As far as I know, lenses bought for the 10d work on the 20d. (If they don't someone let me know..."L" lens cost a hair more than the 10d body :P)

I purchased a new in box 20D from ebay for $1260 shipped.

It came with the standard lens 18-55 which I just sold for $72.

I havn't had the chance to jump it yet but I can say it is an amazing camea, a little step up from my EOS 2000.

Originally I was looking at the XT then i thought what the hell spending that much money might aswell step it up.
Dale

two time New Zealand gumboot throwing champ.

Details, guys, details!;)

Ritz Camera also sells it for either that same price or pretty close.

Just like Wolf camera, discussed earlier, Ritz has the 20D with the 17-85mm USM IS for $1999 ($1899 after rebate)...still a large chunk more than the seller in the link I provided.
Miami

I purchased a new in box 20D from ebay for $1260 shipped.

It came with the standard lens 18-55 which I just sold for $72.

I've seen the seller I linked a while back selling the 20D bodies for $1050 shipped. I think he even had some of the 20D's with the 18-55mm lens for $1125 or $1150...I haven't been watching his auctions as close lately while I've been moving across the country.
Miami

Just like Wolf camera, discussed earlier, Ritz has the 20D with the 17-85mm USM IS for $1999 ($1899 after rebate)...still a large chunk more than the seller in the link I provided.

Fair enough...but they got the body + 18-55 lens (not an IS one) for $1,349 after rebate:
http://www.ritzcamera.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&productId=13177251

Miami, I agree thats a good deal :)

What is up with the memory cards that the camera shops try to sell. CRAZY PRICES. They sell you the camera cheap enough but they are trying to make up the loss in profit by selling you the accessories at insane markups.

Computer supply store has better prices. Go here instead:
http://tinyurl.com/9y672

1 GB Lexar Compact Flash
80x speed Write Acceleration (12 MB/s)
$110

.....the internet so rocks.....

You can read the reviews at resellerratings.com and you will find that those places are scams. You can order the camera but if you don't buy their insanely overpriced accessory kits they keep your camera on backorder forever...you will never get it.
Miami

You can read the reviews at resellerratings.com and you will find that those places are scams. You can order the camera but if you don't buy their insanely overpriced accessory kits they keep your camera on backorder forever...you will never get it.

Yeah, I ended up buying an extra battery from one of those places to get them to ship my order [:/]

Yep - plus they are quoting some £100 cashback from Canon....? I haven't looked into it, i just saw it in the window today.
I wouldn't buy the kit lens anyway i don't think, if i am going to buy a top notch body i'd like some decent glass to go on it.
Never try to eat more than you can lift