Parky1

Ulead

Does anyone use ulead or have a view on it.

I use vegas 5 for editing and have DVDA2 for authoring. DVDA2 gives me problems when I try to burn to my external DVD writer/burner via Firewire.

I'm thinking of trying Ulead for authoring and want to know if you have experienced any problems with external writers via firewire.

I use Ulead Movie Factory 3 (version 4 is out but I'm still using version 3). It works very well and I think registration was like $19 (or maybe $39.... cheap enough).

I use Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 to create a final AVI and Ulead to author the DVD.

Works for me.
Doc
http://www.manifestmaster.com/video

Alternatively, you could continue to use DVDA2 to master your DVD, then use a dedicated application such as Nero to burn it the created image.

You aren't by any chance using Windows 2000, are you? Myself and a friend have been experiencing all sorts of problems with external DVD writers and W2K.

I'm not using Windows 2000. I have XP.

I can burn my finished project to DVD using DVDA via USB2. However, when I connect Firewire to my laptop, DVDA freezes when I try to prepare and burn the project to disc.

The quality through USB2 is not very good.

I have tried various fixes but none have worked.