AndyMan

Premiere - settings for DVD export?

I haven't been able to get a good clean DVD out of Premiere.

I've tried twice.

In the first example, I just the Premiere Pro 1.5 "Export to DVD" with the default settings, and it created a basic DVD.

Since I don't have a DVD player that plays DVD -+R I'm testing on a PC. I figure that shouldn't matter since when I buy a DVD in the store it plays on a PC without interlacing.

The DVD appears interlaced, but with compresion artifacts ontop of the interlacing. It looks like the interlacing was compressed into the MPeg. Make sense?

On another example, I used Premiere to Export an AVI and used ULEAD Movie Maker to build a DVD with menus. Again, I see interlacing underneath MPeg artifacting.

Should I be de-interlacing before I make my DVD?

What are recomended export settings from Premiere?

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

The only time I had a problem like that was when I accidentally used an NTSC project for PAL footage. The avi was okay, but no matter how I made the dvd, it looked funny.

Usually I don't interlace anything besides stills, unless I'm converting between NTSC and PAL.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I'm using Premier 6.5 exporting with the default settings. Never had any problems like your mentioning with stills or video, and just did another one last night. The only "glitches" I noticed was when trying a couple projects in PAL.

That said, I have never looked to see what those "default settings" are, and don't know what the differrences between 6.5 and Premier Pro are.

Fuzzy
Ambition / Ability: Know the difference.

I haven't been able to get a good clean DVD out of Premiere.

In the first example, I just the Premiere Pro 1.5 "Export to DVD" with the default settings, and it created a basic DVD.

I have also tried with Premiere Pro v1.5 and made a few coasters. Another friend has done it successfully on the same program but I much prefer Encore to burn the DVD. It gives you more options but you always have to ballance the $$$ to what you want to do.

I'm also using Premiere Pro 1.5 and Ulead. I also have had bad luck with EXPORT TO DVD (same deinterlacing problem but sometimes errors too).

For best results, create an AVI from the timeline (not an mpeg). Use EXPORT TIMELINE TO MOVIE and create an AVI. Then use Ulead to author your DVD from the AVI file. This should take care of your deinterlacing problems.

Hope this helps.

Doc
http://www.manifestmaster.com/video

If you want make deinterlace DVD you must set Progressive preset on Encoding sub-section or set fields selector to none.

(The best chose is Progressive HighQuality VBR coding.)

P.S. Before it you can deinterlace video for better performance.