Seapro

Packing

I am new to the sport, just received my a lic... Question regarding packing. Are there any good instructional videos or books? The two packs recomended for the A were informative but I dont feel like I would be comfortable attempting packing without supervision at this point. Any info would be helpful

I found these two to be very helpful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JiAegc8EOw&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyM_LkW8DVI&feature=relmfu

Ask experienced jumpers for tips @your DZ. If you're really uncomfortable w/it. Pay a packer to work w/you for a couple of hours during a slow weekday. Everyone develops their own way of doing things. You'll find yours. Have fun while you curse :P....

There have been threads where packing videos where recommended, just look for them. But frankly said, I'm not a fan of videos. Looks and feel "logic" as long as you watch them but once you try to pack that stubborn huge piece of fabric you're stumped. OK, might be just me. I'm more the practical type of guy. Came to the DZ when the weather was lousy. Had a guy show me how to pack. Well, wanted him to but he had me pack the damned circus tent :P five times in a row. Gave me loads of valuable advice by showing and then having me do it. Helped me more than the "Pack like a pro" video I had watched several times before. But again, could just be me. But if you're also the more practical guy, now's the time if you are not in one of the warmer states. Go to the DZ and have an old fart help you. If it's a true old fart he will do so and just for one beer as my mentor was only willing to accept. ;)

Anyway, just some links: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WXiK89iWhg&feature=player_embedded - part 2 etc is easy to find ;-)
This one, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZi2TAe7Of8&feature=player_embedded

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

I agree that the Packing Made Simple video is nice but that young guy (Nick) from the PD Youtube videos sure is a good looking guy - don't you think?

I think he's repulsive...and I blame genetics ;)

Honestly, the packing video and the outtakes one are two of my favorites, and Nick seems like a great guy.

I agree that the Packing Made Simple video is nice but that young guy (Nick) from the PD Youtube videos sure is a good looking guy - don't you think?

He must have gotten his looks from his MOM!!!!
This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.

I think he's repulsive...and I blame genetics ;)

Hee Heee!!! I love it! ;)

He must have gotten his looks from his MOM!!!!

Ouch!! Again, I love it! :P
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Hey hokierower -- just to be clear -- these guys are giving me shit because the PD guy in the video is my son and they know him and me.

He's no longer with PD but he's still pretty active in the sport.

I got that, I was telling the OP that I used those videos and they've worked out well for me.