helge

.swf output

If your video is less than 10 seconds, 320x240 and 15 fps, you -might- consider making it into a .swf file, but if it's anything longer, then the way to go is to make a .flv file and have the .swf file reference it.

If you don't understand what I'm talking about, then it's best to either learn a bit more at the MacroMedia web site or perhaps use a different format altogether.

Long video files embedded in .swf files are NOT a good idea.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Quality damn good too..
If only i could find a decent player thats easy to configure..

Argh . . . Such is life when dealing with Flash.

99% of all players I've seen (and 100% of all players I've ever been able to build myself) are configured for specific files or cgi scripting.

I -think- Macromedia makes it overly complicated intentionally so that you have to purchase their product to build the players.

In all honesty, if I didn't have to deal with .flv files I wouldn't. I think the current QuickTime 7 solution with the H.264 codec is absolutely stunning and you can make your own players without resorting to all this Flash non-sense.

Unfortunately, far too many internet companies are now locked into Flash for the web sites and Flash will ONLY play .flv files.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver