Plokkum

"Your first jump" video

I'm going to make my first jump in 1,5 weeks (I'm so excited :p) and since the price for a jump video is rather expensive, I was wondering if you guys/girls thought it would be really worth it since you don't really do much in your first jump (AFF).

Do you think it is something precious to have? Something nice to look back at, maybe just as a reminder of where it all started?
Weee, got my AFF :D

I thought the same......who needs it?
I got it anyway and like an idiot , I have taped over it by accident.....
A mistake I sincerely regret...

First jump on video is priceless.........dont even think about not getting it
The more skydiving you do....the more you will regret not having the first one on video IMHO

I've given raw footage to a lot of people who've asked for it.

youre paying for me to film your experience. however you want the footage is entirely up to you.

I've even done both. edited the dvd/vhs and then given the raw footage as well. the only thing is we have to charge for the DV tape on top of the dvd price, otherwise I would be giving all my tapes away.
My photos

My Videos

I'm not sure all our cameramen have the same attitude on this, I'd ask your cameraman before jumping. Bringing along your own camera and tape and firewire cable will probably help. You will not get the original tape for sure.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Hi Sas, your DZ is the one where I'm going to take the AFF course. It's not necessary to get the original tape, as long as it is unedited, that would be great. I'll bring my own DV tape with me and we'll see what they can do ;)

Hopefully the weather is getting better next week though. Cause it isn't looking too good at the moment. Oh well, I'll stay a couple of days anyway :)
Weee, got my AFF :D