jkwon

Dropped My PC-109 HELP!

I recently dropped my PC-109...well it fell out of my bag and hit the concrete to be exact. Anyways...the left side of the screen is now pixelated and I've tried all kinds of things to put it back to normal.

Anyone had experience with dropped cameras and know what can be done? Is this going to be an expensive repair?? or is this a total loss?? if so anyone know any sony employees who can get one replaced for me???

--joe

Does the camera still work otherwise? And if it still records- is it the image that's pixelated or the actual screen (meaning the problem is there all the time, even when you're just accessing menus for instance)?

My PC9 would only record the last 15 minutes of a 60 min tape normally after it was knocked off a shelf. The other 45 minutes would come out warbled and the sound would always skip, even on the last 15 minutes. Cost around 200$ to get the mechanism fixed...which means my 50$ insurance already paid off.:)

It's fine recording and all. Sound is fine. It's just the left 8th of a screen that's pixelated ONLY on the video when I play it.

So you say it's like a $200 fix!!

That BLOWS

oh well.
Anyone else got news about this.

--joe