Aeroquest

Canon Rebel XT problem

[:/]
Hi, I just replaced my 35mm with the Rebel XT Digi and having problems capturing in the air. Captures great on the ground and in the plane but when I get out the door it won't capture. The flash is firing on sunset jumps but no pics. I get ERR02 on the screen which is card problem. I tapped the card cover with gaffers but still get the same. I shoot manual mode and manual focus.
Has anyone had such a problem and may have the fix? Help if ya can
Thanks for reading! This is my first post
Gotta be a Pioneer to excel in the future, otherwise follow the crowd

yea, I would have to say its an issue with the CF card, I've never really heard of this happening to anyone else. My suggestion would be to try another card and see if it still does it, if the problem persist I would return the camera to the point of purchase for and exchange. Sorry I can't help you more.

I have had great luck with my XT. I have a High Speed CF 1GB card. The Microdrive question is a good one. On the ground can you fire off a burst? If your using a slower speed CF card then your buffer might be full. Also what mode are you jumping in?? Your camera will slow way down if you have it is the Gren box modeand it is trying to pop open the flash. If it is tapped down then the camera wont fire.

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

The Microdrive question is a good one.

A clarification. No matter how good a Microdrive is, they should never be used above 10,000 feet MSL.

Every Hard disk (which a microdrive is) has an operational ceiling of 10,000 MSL. Period.

Using a Microdrive above 10,000 MSL risks the likely loss of any data previously written to the microdrive.

Flash-based memory cards are the only option for use above 10,000 MSL.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

;)
Scott, I am using a 4 gig micro I will try a small CF card this weekend. I am shooting full manual except for auto white balance as I have done for many years. The auto functions do well but slow down the shots and use up battery power quicker.
Thanks
Randy
Gotta be a Pioneer to excel in the future, otherwise follow the crowd

;)
The auto functions do well but slow down the shots and use up battery power quicker.
Thanks
Randy

Dude, they don't slow this camera down much at all. This camera does its thinking very fast. And as for battery power, I doubt you'll wear down the battery very quickly no matter what you do ... my stock batteries last thousands of pics.