newshooter12

Harbortronics Digisnap 5000

one of the camera flyers at my DZ recently picked up a Nikon Coolpix 5700 & needs a digisnap for it so she can use a tongue switch or other conceptus type switch. Unfortunately it Harbortronic's website says they aren't making the model that goes with that camera any more...[:/]
so does anyone have any idea of where i can find a Digi Snap 5000 for her??? I've even looked on e-bay with no luck.

matt

I emailed Mark at Harbortronics about 2 weeks ago because my DigiSnap 5700 ( I use it with a CoolPix 5700, too) broke down. He told me that they do not have any replacement DigiSnap 5700s and they are not going to build new ones.

Yikes! Unfortunately, the DigiSnap 5700 is not servicable, as it is sealed in epoxy. They are no longer available either. I'd recommend the DigiSnap 2000 series of controllers.

Sorry,

Mark Roberts
Chief Engineer
Harbortronics LLC
[email protected]
253-858-7769 (Ph)
253-858-9517 (Fax)
www.Harbortronics.com

A friend of mine is now working on my DigiSnap to get it working again (he works at Infineon). He told me that he can fix mine but he is not able to rebuild a DigiSnap 5700 (another guy at our DZ thought about buying a CoolPix 5700).

Sorry!

Dom