Katieatasc

If not a PC, then what?

This is the thing. Wolf camera has kept my PC9 for so long repairing it, that they now say they are just going to replace it. However PC9 and PC105's no longer exist. The question is what is a good camera to relace it with. All PC's are no longer and the PC1000 is not good for when you are doing 20min calls for video. Any suggestions on what next to get?

Thanks,

Katie

Umm...Sony Corperate, where my camera was sent to from Ritz camera, said that they are now discontinued and their PC1000 is the next model, which isn't good for flying video, when it's your job. That's why I say that. However, if you know of any Ritz cameras from East coast to west coast, with a PC9 of PC105, I would greatly appreciate knowing about it. I sat down with the guy I deal with a Ritz today, and we could not find a single one. I'm stumped...

I had also only heard good things about the PC1000 and was planning on buying on this week. would people be able to enlighten me in any major flaws in it so i dont make a bad buy =)

is it mainly the battery duration that is the main factor. cause eventually i will be wanting to get into videoing tandems.

Thanks in advance

Life is Great. Even Greater what we do with it.

Jumped a PC1000 this weekend (about 10 jumps). Perfect video, saturated colors, zero blurring, zero artifacts. Recorded in 16:9 and tried a couple of jumps with the "Cinematic" mode. Haven't had a chance to compare the standard clips vs. "Cinematic" yet. Next weekend (Rantoul) I'll use 4:3. Still learning though. Very pleased with the ergonomics and quality, especially compared with my pc350.

Sure wish these folks would put the video out on the left side though.
-------------------
...if ignorance is bliss, I'm in Nirvana... you don't know what you don't know 'til you don't know it.

GravityGone

Mark -

How did the battery perform? Did you get good time out of it?

BTW, I know I am VERY young in the sport (my profile shows it,) but I am doing research. I won't be jumping a camera very soon, but like to learn all I can from those who do.
I LOVE jumping clouds, but jumping triples takes most of my time (and $$$)!

Jumped a PC1000 this weekend (about 10 jumps). Perfect video, saturated colors, zero blurring, zero artifacts. Recorded in 16:9 and tried a couple of jumps with the "Cinematic" mode. Haven't had a chance to compare the standard clips vs. "Cinematic" yet. Next weekend (Rantoul) I'll use 4:3. Still learning though. Very pleased with the ergonomics and quality, especially compared with my pc350.

Sure wish these folks would put the video out on the left side though.

Two months later, you still agree with what you posted back then???