virgin-burner

Watching out for newbies [was - hard impact at Nats]

So I'm guessing it was the same guy that was looking to buy a 99 ish sq ft reserve with such low jump #'s....and here I thought it sounded so desperate in classifieds he was joking especially with his jump number's.

Sad to see that it was actually true, but glad he's not jumping the katana 97 since obviously he needed 50 more jumps to be qualified jk
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

awesome sangi jumping the katana

:S

maybe dont comment on it, otherwise he'll pull it again..

Not sure how many jumps he has on it now but I know not enough to be using fronts on landing like he did in that vid. This is just scary!!!
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Well, look how this turned out to be..

I'm not gonna comment on the personal aspects of this unlike some people in here, who don't value other persons trust in private matters, anyway..

Yes I did jump the Katana 97 at around 210+ jumps, yes I'm your typical 200 jump wonder..

It's not a forgiving canopy and it requires a lot of care from what I could gather from the jumps I did on it, truly a high performance canopy, but at the same time it's very rewarding and amazingly fun to fly, coming off a Safire2 129 I was lacking this fun and the Katana flight is how I imagined true canopy flight to be.. Still, not a place to let your guard down at any time..

Yes I'm cutting shortcuts, doing what most of you probably wouldn't do and don't want others to do or you might have done in the past, who knows, it's your choice.. I try to do everything in my power to not hurt others and look out for them, but the rest is my choice and I take full responsibility for my choices, as we all do.

In all honesty and fairness with no trolling I surely don't recommend what I'm doing to anyone, take your path the way you want it, take care of others, but the rest are your choices in this life.

Have fun and take care! :)
Edit: > mchamp, no I was never looking for a 99sqft reserve, you probably mixed me with someone else, I'm pretty good with my 126 :)
> rstanley, I think trying out double fronts is standard in canopy flight, nothing too radical here as long as you don't overdo it hehe :)
P.S. I hope I don't whack myself like that guy did during the nationals, best wishes, hope he heals and goes a long more careful later on, but it's all up to him anyway..

"All limits are self imposed." Icarus

one would think that the girl he got the katana from should have given him a clue; since she femured on that wing. the way he's cranking on it, that's probably the best of possible outcomes for him.
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Well, look how this turned out to be..

I'm not gonna comment on the personal aspects of this unlike some people in here, who don't value other persons trust in private matters, anyway..

Yes I did jump the Katana 97 at around 210+ jumps, yes I'm your typical 200 jump wonder..

It's not a forgiving canopy and it requires a lot of care from what I could gather from the jumps I did on it, truly a high performance canopy, but at the same time it's very rewarding and amazingly fun to fly, coming off a Safire2 129 I was lacking this fun and the Katana flight is how I imagined true canopy flight to be.. Still, not a place to let your guard down at any time..

Yes I'm cutting shortcuts, doing what most of you probably wouldn't do and don't want others to do or you might have done in the past, who knows, it's your choice.. I try to do everything in my power to not hurt others and look out for them, but the rest is my choice and I take full responsibility for my choices, as we all do.

In all honesty and fairness with no trolling I surely don't recommend what I'm doing to anyone, take your path the way you want it, take care of others, but the rest are your choices in this life.

Have fun and take care! :)
Edit: > mchamp, no I was never looking for a 99sqft reserve, you probably mixed me with someone else, I'm pretty good with my 126 :)
> rstanley, I think trying out double fronts is standard in canopy flight, nothing too radical here as long as you don't overdo it hehe :)
P.S. I hope I don't whack myself like that guy did during the nationals, best wishes, hope he heals and goes a long more careful later on, but it's all up to him anyway..

Wrong.... nothing about touching your fronts is "standard". You are way over your head and you may "try" to do everything you can to watch out for others but the truth is..... that is not enough. You jumping a wing that you should not be jumping even in a couple of years endangers others around you. You do not have the skills so that alone is reckless not only for yourself but others in the sky with you. It's obvious you do not really care and are going to do what you want so I will now just drop this and say I hope you do not kill yourself.... I really hope you do not kill any of my friends or other jumpers!
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

I try to do everything in my power to not hurt others and look out for them

Tell that to anyone who has been traumatized by watching someone femur in, and having to stand over your mess. Let alone the 100 other dangers your immature behaviour adds to other people.

This clearly isnt your sport...you lack any form of responsibility and vallue for your own or others lives...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

See - you're not ALWAYS a complete plonker ..... mate:P

B|B|B|

I still think somebody hacked his account.
:D:D:D

Either that or he's stocked up on blue pills.

Either that or the real VB was let out for a breath of fresh air.
:o
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

take your path the way you want it, take care of others, but the rest are your choices in this life.

Nice epitaph.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

I watched your video. You said earlier to VB you'd just do 90's, but you cranked a 180 to final, although too high. I see, obviously, that you're jumping video too. Anything else you want to stack on?:D

It's not guaranteed you'll femur or die. Just the odds are going way up against you. Get some coaching and watch out for traffic in the pattern. I hope you survive. :)

check out the "tuesday evening" video on his channel, cranking 270's and having to stab out of the corner EVERY time. i think he WILL die! :)

Link please