virgin-burner

Watching out for newbies [was - hard impact at Nats]

in reply to "Well, that system worked perfectly!"

It worked perfectly well for the DZ that said NO to him.
One DZ gets peace in the sky the other gets the wobbly newbie know it all.

I think that was my point... Sorry, everyone should know 99% of what I post has a tinge of sarcasm in it... ;)
Remster

in reply to "Well, that system worked perfectly!"

It worked perfectly well for the DZ that said NO to him.
One DZ gets peace in the sky the other gets the wobbly newbie know it all.

Devils Advocate here....
Thus you have safe, conservative DZ's, and you have edgy, wild hair DZ's. Pic your poison?

Maybe all is well in dreamland? B|
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Guys,

2 weeks ago I almost died doing a 270, way too low way too aggressive.

I had to be reanimated and now I have shit loads of titanium in my spine and left leg. Right now I still can't feel or control my legs and I'm still in hospital with long road of rehab in front of me. I'll walk though, so I won't stay crippled forever.. It's a miracle I survived overall, I should be dead now..

You were all right and I suck, I almost killed myself and I might have killed someone else too, I have learned my lesson, I long to and I will be back in the sky but never as I was before..

I think I can now surely say I have learned my lesson. :(

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

Glad you're alive to say that. It takes some people tougher lessons than others. ;) You're on the mend though, and that's what matters.

NEVER forget what you're feeling at the moment. It'll make you a better jumper when you do return. If you need to, write a couple of pages in your logbook now about how much it sucks and how much pain you're in and how foolish you're feeling... You can read back to yourself in 2 or 3 years when you're starting to think about small canopies again to provide a personal point of reference - it's really useful.

Now, tell it to VirginBurner - he saved your life. Do the same for him.

Edit: By the way - I think you owe me beer for your bounce bingo. ;):D:D:D

Saw my crashvid today. It's brutal.

Hearing yourself gag, gasp, suffocate in agony and cling to every bit of life you got is not fun at all..

I doubt I'll swoop again, because I NEVER EVER want to experience this again.. it's hell :(

Hearing yourself gag, gasp, suffocate in agony and cling to every bit of life you got is not fun at all..

I doubt I'll swoop again, because I NEVER EVER want to experience this again.. it's hell :(

Glad you lived through it.

Life often grants us opportunities in the strangest form. Seize it.

Heal fast.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

That hurt just to look at that picture. Hope you heal up quick. You gonna share the video?

Glad to have you back. I've not jumped in 4 years due to a surprise late in life child. It wasn't right for me (as in personal decision) to risk my new young childs future of having a father. I'll come back when he's older. I surf DZ.com everyday to live/jump through others experiences. It isn't jumping but beats no connection with jumping.

That picture hurt from here.

Hang in there and keep posting. There will be many new swoopers pushing things that need to hear your story.

Heal fast and best wishes,

James

PS Bust VB's balls about upsizing and taking it slow.

You gonna share the video?

That comes across as a fairly twisted question... Why would you want anyone to see it? Are you asking because you want to watch it?
There's absolutely nothing to learn from it.

Too much attempted without enough experience. Turned too low, didn't dig out in time and the results are in the pictures.

1+1=2. It's not rocket science.

Newbies could watch all the bounce videos in the world and they'd still be convinced it couldn't happen to them.

How in the hell did you get your legs to do than? :S Heel fast kid, you have some things to pass on to others.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

just had a little chat with him again, but he had to go. i'll call again later.

it's pretty much how i posted in his incident-thread. low 270° and just froze and kept on going on his fronts. still had time to save but didnt do anything he says. doesnt know why..

oh, and some good news, today he said he could feel his legs a bit, but still no movement; so he's making a little progress. i'm happy about that! :)

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

You gonna share the video?

That comes across as a fairly twisted question... Why would you want anyone to see it? Are you asking because you want to watch it?
There's absolutely nothing to learn from it.

That's not true, unfortunately.

One of the very biggest problems with the Mad Skillz set is that the danger is not real to them. They say "oh I understand the risks" but really, they don't. They can't. It's an abstract thing, something that happens to other people - something that is just words.

Seeing and hearing someone hook in is one hard way it gets brought home. Seeing first-person video might be another.

By the way Sangi, we haven't met in person but we've crossed paths in the past elsewhere. I'm very, very glad you're alive. Heal fast, and I hope to see you skydiving somewhere one day.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Thanks all.

Regarding what injuries I had, read up some pages before, there was a guy who posted them (my friend).

About the vid, will defo post it, seeing how much it sucks to crash is good for the newbies, but not soon, because I'm in a hospital with shit pocket net, can't even watch youtube..

During the crash I did a very very slow 270 from around 120-130 meters, it wasn't enough height for the canopy to recover on it's own, I don't know why I didn't hit the brakes, because if I would have I would be perfectly fine now, I probably thought it will still recover during the last seconds and I will get a kickass swoop, no kickass swoop, but some major kickass crash for sure.. [:/]