virgin-burner

Watching out for newbies [was - hard impact at Nats]

apparently he did.I heard it was a "too low initiation of a 3 figure turn"
I wish he heals well, and that he learns from it.

Now for a little humoristic note : he would have been safer on the Katana, starting from higher :P

right. and until it's not confirmed, let's keep speculation out of this thread, regarding his injuries, which were "only" a femur, some vertebrae, a punctured lung AND a concussion.. he seems to be alright.

let's wish him a speedy recovery and let's hope for HIS account for details.. ;)

You have got to be shitting me? That was quick..... who thinks he will listen from now on? I say it is still a 50/50 shot. I hope he heals quickly and learns from this.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

i've posted something this morning that i later on deleted; it was about a jumper in this thread with 200ish jumps that got himself a 97 katana two days ago.

not only me, but a few others, some very experienced jumpers, unlike me, expressed our concerns about his choice.

apparently, this post got noticed by someone at his dz (or it was something else maybe!?). this guy delivered a message to said jumper that if that were true he purchased a katana 97, he would not be jumping at his home-DZ with it.

i kinda feel bad about it, i personally DO NOT like ratting out on people, but having watched a lot of videos from said jumper, it was clear he would not be able to handle the katana, not only by his skills, but also with his attitude.

Thank you for being a rat. You may have saved the guy's life.

I'd call that a save - he owes you a bottle. He'd be dead if he was under the Katana.

Remi - no bet. That's a dead cert. :D

Very rarely do so many warnings, advice, over pages and pages of transcripts completely get ignored to the extent of the skygod in training, actually really fucking themselves...

Unfortunately, been seen before. :(
Nothing "new" here. B|

See: The Story of Dudi

...and: HIS OWN WORDS TOO

They ALL think they are above it all somehow, or have "mad-skillz" that no one else before them has ever had, or appreciates, or has the capabilities to recognize. [:/]

Heal quickly, well and fully Dudi... ummmm, errrrr... I mean, Sangi.
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

That is brilliant.....

Very rarely do so many warnings, advice, over pages and pages of transcripts completely get ignored to the extent of the skygod in training, actually really fucking themselves...

Maybe we could cut this thread down a bit and make it a sticky...

Well done sangi, you've done yourself proud....

I'm Glad it was only you, and not an unsuspecting victim as-well.

you could say he was Crashtested :P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Just so we're clear, Sangi needs his own Incidents thread - just as people have been saying would would happen for about a year.

Who won the bounce bingo?

Lest some of you think I'm heartless, I'm pretty certain that Sangi won't learn from this - maybe some other upcoming Skygod will.

P.S. I hope I don't whack myself like that guy did during the nationals, best wishes, hope he heals and goes a long more careful later on, but it's all up to him anyway..

mirror mirror on the wall...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

P.S. I hope I don't whack myself like that guy did during the nationals, best wishes, hope he heals and goes a long more careful later on, but it's all up to him anyway..

mirror mirror on the wall...

..who's the most broken one of all!? :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

2nd hand info: Left leg femur - broke, the spine - broke, lung - contusion, heart - contusion, brain injury. Breathes by himself, but left lung drainage. Spinal surgery (either performed already or scheduled). Guys who saw it say he missed concrete/asphalt by a metre or so.

sounds worse than i initially thought.. [:/]
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Just so we're clear, Sangi needs his own Incidents thread - just as people have been saying would would happen for about a year.

Lest some of you think I'm heartless, I'm pretty certain that Sangi won't learn from this - maybe some other upcoming Skygod will.

totally agree with you- i may also seem ehartless but this was a long time coming. he had "mad skillz" lets see if anyone learns from this
Dudeist Skydiver #170
You do not need a parachute to skydive, you only need one to skydive again

totally agree with you- i may also seem ehartless but this was a long time coming. he had "mad skillz" lets see if anyone learns from this

i doubt it.. :S
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

wow. ignorance is fricking bliss isnt it

hell knows, for some time now i believe they put something in the water to make people stupid. that additive seems to accumulate at dz's especially.. :S
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

2nd hand info: Left leg femur - broke, the spine - broke, lung - contusion, heart - contusion, brain injury. Breathes by himself, but left lung drainage. Spinal surgery (either performed already or scheduled). Guys who saw it say he missed concrete/asphalt by a metre or so.

That is bad. I really hope he heals well and there are no long term effects but it sounds like to me he is lucky to be alive. Really sad! Even more so because so many of us warned him. [:/]
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

That is bad. I really hope he heals well and there are no long term effects but it sounds like to me he is lucky to be alive. Really sad! Even more so because so many of us warned him. [:/]

Here's the reality check kids~ like when ya bend up the frame on a car...there's ALWAYS long term effects to something like this. He'll never be the same and will live the rest of his life out, less than he could have been had this not happened.

But at least he will live.

You HAVE to think long term effects regarding the things you do every day, you have to play it smart to get through this rodeo...when lots of people around you tell you you're NOT playin' it smart, ditch the ego and consider what they're saying.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

You HAVE to think long term effects regarding the things you do every day, you have to play it smart to get through this rodeo...when lots of people around you tell you you're NOT playin' it smart, ditch the ego and consider what they're saying.

+1 [:/]
If I could say it better or shout it louder, I would. The problem is, there are more of him out there. There always has been and probly always will be.

Be safe!
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

+1 [:/]
If I could say it better or shout it louder, I would. The problem is, there are more of him out there. There always has been and probly always will be.

Be safe!

just today i've heard from a guy having bought a 97 jvx "because the dollar's so cheap"; he's hitting on all the chicks at the dz, so i couldnt care less if he bounces.. :P
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

just today i've heard from a guy having bought a 97 jvx "because the dollar's so cheap"; he's hitting on all the chicks at the dz, so i couldnt care less if he bounces.. :P

I'm a taker if it is for resale :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I'm a taker if it is for resale :)

if you dont mind the blood-stains.. i'll try to snatch it off his shattered body if i'm around! :P
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

The problem is, there are more of him out there. There always has been and probly always will be.

I don't think of it as a problem, rather as a way it is.
Most of people with similar mindset will survive their errors.
Out of survivors, we will admire the most successful ones, declare the champion and give them a medal.

This thread only encourage wannabe "experts in swooping progression"
What goes around, comes later.

The problem is, there are more of him out there. There always has been and probably always will be.

I don't think of it as a problem, rather as a way it is.
Most of people with similar mindset will survive their errors.
Out of survivors, we will admire the most successful ones, declare the champion and give them a medal.

This thread only encourage wannabe "experts in swooping progression"

I disagree...I think the thread on some level is a warning to the smarter, newer jumpers who probably don't yet make the full correlation between how important it just might be to listen and weigh advice opposed listen to the ego and hope.

Your saying 'most' will survive while true doesn't look at the big picture...if ALL don't survive it's a tragic thing that should be addressed, the numbers are climbing on both death and injury.

Talking about it like this just may encourage a few people to do something different...slow down their 'progression' and let the learning curve keep up, or maybe say something to somebody you see walking the edge. If open harsh discussion has even a small effect changing 'everyone's' mindset regarding these stupid and preventable accidents we are ALL the better for it.

Most people when they think about it,
really don't wanna be the punchline of a Thinning The Herd joke.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~