domFF

Nikon Coolpix 5700 settings

Hi there!

I jumped my Nikon Coolpix 5700 for the first time yesterday. I am using a Harbotronics DigiSnap 5700 and a Bite Switch with it. I couldn't take any pictures after leaving the aircraft during the first two jumps and on the ground the cam was "frozen", I couldn't even switch it off. I had to remove the batterie and put it back in to get the cam working again. After using a Compact Flash Card instead of the IBM Microdrive I used for the first two jumps, taking pictures works just fine. Now I am trying to figure out the settings that work best for freefall photography. Is anybody out there using a Coolpix 5700 who could tell me his settings step by step? General information on for example shutter speed and stuff like that would be great, too.

Thanks so far

Dominic

I use a coolpix 5000 so you can compare it easily to yours; anyway I do the following:

I go manual with the shutter, auto on the rest.

I choose between two settings: 1/500 and 1/250 sek. I use the fast one when I want to take pictures up close. Otherwise I use the slower one because of better quality.

Though the lens is on auto, I always override it with +0.7 so that images will be a bit brighter