superstu

post your best shot

Being judged or being criticized is two different things.
Taking constructive criticism is vital to learn anything (not only free fall photography).
Those guys actually tried to help you out with advices; even if they didn’t say what you might wanted to hear…
The other thing is photographing tandems isn’t the right way to learn become a camera man!!! Definitely not with 350-60 jumps!
The requirement is to film tandem is 500 RW jumps and another 100 camera jumps as an addition. IT IS A REQUIREMENT! Why don’t you just grab a tandem rig and start practicing doing tandems your own?
I recommend learning camera flying with small RW groups.
-Laszlo-

ps.: more discussion about this is on other threads already. Sorry about the off topic... It should be continued elswhere...

Laszlo, I am coming off badly here. I really do care about what those who have come and gone before have to say. I'm about as safety minded as they come. Those pictures were all take at 20mm and cropped in a good bit. The originals are quite far out. Sigh. It was not my intent to start a thread drift. Here is what most of my practice jumps are. Though I'll admit I do a little sit flying and have taken some stills while doing that too. :$

Dude, gotta agree w/ what everyone's said. The problem is that there are plenty of DZ's out there that will let anyone w/ a camera do a tandem video so they can make a buck.

Can someone explain to me please about the 3-4 last posts here??
I can't understand if your are talking about my pictures or not...:|

I can't understand if your are talking about my pictures or not...

They weren't about your photos. (You can always look at the name in the "Re: [...]" header of the message.)

Thank you man.:)I saw that,but I can't find any tandem photos from Bill.k thats't why...
So I wasn't sure...

vdshoor said all . Your just dam lucky you or the instructor /student didn't get hurt or killed ! Sorry guys but this upsets me . You need to be a tandem instructor before you jump with a tandem. This way you know everything thats going on with the tandem.

Bill,

I am sorry but I disagree that I need to be a TI to shoot video of a tandem. What I do need to do is "LISTEN" to the TI's and more seasoned vidiots to shoot tandem video. Then what they need is common sense and we both know that cannot be taught! ;)

I have a bad lower back and never intend on getting a TI rating, but I have shot numerous tandem videos and plan to continue as needed.

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

Changing someone's altimeter is a pretty stupid thing to do!
Hopefully it's only a joke and not reality. I'd punch somebody's lights out for a trick like that.
Imagine the outcome of a situation where some one thought they was to low and dumped in your face ,or thought they was higher than they were and burned in.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Changing someone's altimeter is a pretty stupid thing to do!
Hopefully it's only a joke and not reality. I'd punch somebody's lights out for a trick like that.
Imagine the outcome of a situation where some one thought they was to low and dumped in your face ,or thought they was higher than they were and burned in.

Thanks for pointing that out. I almost went back in and edited my post to make your point. It was meant to be a joke based on the altimeter grip in the pic. To my knowledge there is no "change the altimeter trick" and I certainly hope that there never was or is one.
Then again, I don't know that I'd want anyone grabbing my altimeter, trick or not. Accidents happen.

Your sensor needs cleaned, it has dust on it that is leaving spots on the photos. Read up on how to clean the sensor with the correct wipes and solution.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried the Canon sensor dust mapping software that comes with the camera (came with my XTi) ? Is it effective at all or just a gimmick? I haven't had the need to try it out yet.

Your sensor needs cleaned, it has dust on it that is leaving spots on the photos. Read up on how to clean the sensor with the correct wipes and solution.

Yes I know....:(
I am afraid to do it my self..
I will send the camera to clean it and also replace something else inside...Idon't know the word in english..Something like "fog glass" ???