superstu

post your best shot

From yesterday...

1. Halloween costume jump... Zombie, Michael Myers (from the Halloween movies), a chicken, and winny the pooh.
2. Closeup of the zombie.
3. Chicken does some sitflying behind pooh.
4. Roger Ponce made his first jump of the year at our DZ... which marks 39 consecutive years of jumping there... every year the DZ has existed.
5. Landing in front of the sun.
6. That's one type of PLF...

BTW, a few pics I've posted in this thread have been published in Parachutist. Actually been published 3 months in a row in Parachutist and one in Blue Skies last month.

Dave

how is it you're jumping a camera at 100 jumps in the UK?

I'm not. This is just a video still of me (filmed by another person). I thought it was rather nice, so I posted it.. :)
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

Hmmm,...Is this a real student? If so, this is one of the dangers of videoing AFF students. This one seems too distracted by the camera to pull his/her chute. If I see a student paying too much attention to me rather their instuctors or altimeter (particularly at pull time), I get out of their face and move around to where they they can't see me. Priority one and all that.

Hmmm,...Is this a real student? If so, this is one of the dangers of videoing AFF students. This one seems too distracted by the camera to pull his/her chute. If I see a student paying too much attention to me rather their instuctors or altimeter (particularly at pull time), I get out of their face and move around to where they they can't see me. Priority one and all that.

the "dive flow" for videographers on AFF jumps at our DZ specifically requires that the videographer isn't in the students FOV during the "working" portion of the jumps...

we are asked/expected to stay up and out of view during the practice touches. (generally I'm high and watching the student's pull side)

then once they are finished we can move in to get a photo of the students face...

then its back out of View (again usually I move up and to the right side of the student for the bottom of the sequence...)

then after the student deploys (or is deployed) I get scared because AFF instructors have this bad habit of tracking towards me... :P:D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...