superstu

post your best shot

(Sorry offtopic..)

Hey jeff !

Im also intrested about the lens. Your pics look nice..
How would you compare the tokina 10-17 to the canon 10-22 you are also jumping ?

(in case you dont want to highjack this thread please PM me...)

Koidl -

Those are way cool! We have been tossing around the idea of filming a static line student on exit with the camera man hanging off the strut and releasing at the same time - any tips or warnings?

"Better a has-been than a never-was. Better a never-was than a never-tried-to-be..."

Not really a "best shot" here, but definately a compilation of the "best of" / personal favorites video from the last year or so..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdqNv8aqE2c

Enjoy

NICE, but why is there 15 seconds of black at the end?

I'm jealous of the talent you get to film.

ha ha... its a hidden ending :P

I didn't realize it was there until I watched it. It was a leftover track of audio that I forgot to remove..
I'll be updating the movie to fix that..

Last sunday evening. I had so much luck with the light. In Germany we call this time of year "goldener Oktober" (golden october)... this is a picture of a funjump. None of the jumpers has more than 100 jumps, so the result is not this bad ;-)

Stefan

I only added my still camera about two months ago after upgrading my Hanson to an FTP. I also wanted to get enough time in dealing with just the video before putting more crap on my head. So here are some shots now that I think I have the settings I like on my camera. Be gentle on me!

The Santa outfit goes well with the shorts...

Thanks for comments all. I'm not sure how to adjust white balance on a film camera, lest I get Photoshop. Any thoughts for a photo newbie? Heaven forbid I do a search....

I did confirm yesterday, however, that a 40D should be in my possesion come December. Heavy beast, but damn was that fun to play with at the store! Time to double up on the neck exercises I guess.

Thanks again!

It occurred to me shortly after I made my last post that it was probably the scanner at the store where I had the film developed. The film was at most 3 weeks old and developed just a few days ago. Film at age of development just over a month,maybe? I don't get prints anymore given the small number of shots I ever feel like printing out of a roll of film anyway. I'm going to try scanning the film on my scanner and see if I can resolve the issue. Or again, heaven forbid I get Photoshop. More than anything, I'm happy that I'm starting to get good shots on purpose rather than on accident.

Thanks again!