superstu

post your best shot

THat's a good shot.

Here's a pic of the same girl from my last post in freefall.

She actually loved it and was "whoo hooing" at the door. in this picture shes doing the same thing. I just caught the pic at a point where it looks like fear.:D
My photos

My Videos

Yes It definitely did.

It is clean now.

before I did those jumps I didn't remember removing the lens... but In Eloy I let someone borrow the body and when he switched lens a pound of shit must've gotten in there.
I was a bit frustrated but ...lesson learned.
My photos

My Videos

The exposure setting depends on the light, so I normally take practie shots on the ground before I jump. During sunsets I take shoths through the window to check the exposure. In this practicular photo I set my camera to 1/250 shutter and f9 and 1/2+1/3 power on my 580EX at 14mm coverage.
I had a same problem before the flash didn't recycle quick enough. Check your batteries! I got screwed too once or twice because of the batteries. Right now I'm using rechargeable Duracell NiMH 2650 mAh. With these my 580 should recycle 1-1.5 sec at half power, and 2-3sec at full power. If it gets too cold out there could add up an extra second.
-Laszlo-

I believe the 580 has a lot more settings than i have on this 50 light. So i need to do some upgrading here too. That'll help a bit.
Thanks

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

the first two are from this past weekend when i went up with a buddy who was demoing a canopy for the weekend and i figured id go get some pics of him and we both enjoyed the hell out of the jump.

The second one is from a tandem a few weeks ago and i just think its an awesome picture with the orientation and the plane in the background.

Did you know tommy from what dz? You jump with him ?

Skydive Greene County... he was here last summer and is back this summer... I've done a couple of tandem video (practice) jumps with him last year.

He's a good guy... a top notch instructor! B|
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Actually thatr was the cool one. the other ones are really ugly.

anyway I did a few tandems (vids) today. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM made us REALLY work for our money. the TM moreso than I, but damn the were falling fast.

here's an example of the 1st jump of the day. and they just got worse.

In this picture the student was waving to me.
My photos

My Videos

Some "Old School" stuff... accuracy.
By the way everybody should learn accuracy, it would improve the terrible canopy skills what we see these days. Learn to walk before you run!

The dude in the pictue is Marius Ivascu

-Laszlo- www.laszloimage.com

That's a great shot of Marius! You should hound him to buy it before you go BACK TO ZEE RAAAAANCH!:ph34r:

Edited to add that Laszlo has taken the absolute best photos of me swooping I have ever seen. He's great and he gets a ton of my money, even when I don't want to spend anymore!