madyuck

Wide Angle lens

I'm looking for a .5 wide angle lens to fit a pc105 so a 30mm. I was looking at the differences between a slim profile one and ones that are a little more bulky. I would like to be able to still be able to zoom with it because I will be using it for some coaching jumps to film some students landings and stuff. I have herd that with the slim profile ones you can't zoom through them without making the image blury, is this true?? If anyone could suggest where a good place to get one or what kind i should look for that would be great. I would rather not spend a lot of money on it, but if thats what it come down to, i would like to know some options.
thanks

yes it is true. you cant zoom with the flat one piece wide angle. im currently in the same situation. go with a kenko lens.there cheap and work well. i cant find a .5 in 30mm. only 37mm. so i bought one anyway and now need a step ring which i also cant find.
>

I found a SunPak .45 lens with a 30mm mount at B&H that works great for me, as seen here:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1627256;search_string=sunpak%20;#1627256

EDIT: & Here
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=285775&is=REG

(Maybe someone can teach me that clicky thing)

It's a two part lens which is also threaded externally so you can add a filter, which I did, and still have no vignetting (at least at full wide on my TRV-17).

There are many lenses available with 30mm mounts. Search B&H Photo/Video and you'll find several. Buy one that requires a step-down ring and you'll be more likely to wind up with vignetting.

BTW, this lens was under $50.

I've got a 37mm kenko .5 with a step ring on my pc105 and it works fine. I can zoom all the way in or out with no problems and there's no vignette.

Another thing I've noticed about the low profile lenses is that you can't focus to infinity or it's all blurry. At least with the .25 I have anyways.

With a slim wide angle, you can zoom to half of the maximum optical zoom for your camera before it gets blurry. If you do zoom into this blurry range accidentally, the camera can be slow to find a focus point when you zoom back out. My frame of reference is PC330 w/ 0.5 royal lens. Good luck!

yes it is true. you cant zoom with the flat one piece wide angle. im currently in the same situation. go with a kenko lens.there cheap and work well. i cant find a .5 in 30mm. only 37mm. so i bought one anyway and now need a step ring which i also cant find.

Just call Band H they have the step ring.

What could possibly go wrong?