skydork

DCR-HC 32 For tandems?

I hate to do it but after about a 1000 jump the old Sony Digital 8 Handycam is starting to act up. I'm looking at the HC32 to replace her. Just about all I do is tandem videos. Any Imput? I also would like to go with just a little wider lens. The old girl has a 0.5x on her. Again, any imput.

Finally got the new Rebel xt mounted last week. WOW!

Last summer I bought a Sony HC40 and got great footage of 200 tandems. The HC40 was the best compromise of resolution (the same 1 megapixel CCD as PC109) and price ($300 less than PC109).
I looked long and hard at its HC20 and HC30 stable mates, but felt that their lower prices did not make up for their far fewer pixels.
This year's HC42 is only slightly better than the HC40.
Your best bargain will involve an HC40 on a year-end close-out sale.
I used a (www.royal-lens.com) 0.3 for most of the season, but got one of their 0.2 lenses towards the end of the season. Both are great, low-profile lens, but I prefer the 0.2 for inside (hand-mounted) video as it has a slightly wider image.
You will probably want a 0.4 or 0.45 lens for outside video.

I saw a FF video from a HC32E (E=European PAL model). Recording mode was program AE SPORT. There was a fast flicker bright/dark in some scenes esp. with bright background (jumper vs. sky shots). Does anyone know this problem?