SudsyFist

What's new with the Sony DCR-PC1000 (vs. the PC-350)

Yeah i found the same situation..

I have the PC1000 with a cookie .5 lens
and infinity setting is blurry so i manualy played around with my focas till i found a setting that was crisp at the distance i was normally filming.

only thing i have found with it.. when i film swoopers landing they are out of focus when they start their 270's then come into focus during the dive which kinda sucks.

Everyone told me to use infinity but it just didnt seem to work for me.

Set it to auto focus, point it at something that is 6-10 feet away and set it back on manual focus...it'll display the little hand with a 0.1 next to it most likely...that'll keep you in focus for pretty much everything. Sometimes with the .3's we use it'll get so far out of focus it can't find anything with that trick and you have to help it out with the manual focus ring...just play with it, you find what works for you.
Hope this helps...
Miami

Nah not zooming in at all as its usally still in my camera helmet.

I just played around with it a bit. the setting i normally have it on is 0.1m with the little hand with the F inside it.

I played around with zooming it. at about 3/4 zoom it goes instantly blurry i also noticed at this point in zoom the hand with the F in it. turns into a little black body.

I also tried zooming with auto focus on and it also goes blurry instantly at about 3/4 zoomed in.

Infinity is blurry no matter what. i just wind back to manual dial till somewhere in the 0.1m range and it goes clear. yet people starting swoops high are outta focus for the start of it.

Iam sure an easy fix to this would be take the lens off for filming landings but i dont always have time.

why do you think i only get about 3/4 of my zoom range with the .5 lens on?

Life is Great. Even Greater what we do with it.

Got my PC1000 few weeks ago and last weekend I finally managed to jump with it. How simple can I say this? It rocks. Video quality and colors are awesome. Only 3 jumps with it and I'm already in love with it :$. I use Raynox HD-5005PRO 0.5x wide angle lens.

I had Panasonic NV-DX100 (3ccd) before PC1000. Panasonic has also great video quality, but PC1000 rocks over it.

Haven't jumped with PC350, so I can't compare 1000 and 350.

I also found, that you get your best result with the cookie 0.5 lens is to leave the cam on easy mode with auto focus. Just be sure to whipe any marks or evan dust particles from the lens, when filming into the sun, the cam auto focus on the lens marks!