buckleme

It arrived, but DBox doesnt fit......

My new optic illusion arrived today as did my DBox. Very exiting, but the DBox doesn't fit the camera :( The measurements on the bonehead website are for the outside of the box, not the inside.

Does anyone find that misleading? So anyways....Anybody have a dbox or cookie box, or any box for that matter, that fits the HC90? The camera dimensions are as follows:

(A) 4.125" long
(B) 3.5" tall
(C) 2.375" wide
(D) lens sticks out .25"

I ordered the HC 20-30-40 Box with the following internet dimensions
A: 4.75" B: 4"
C: 2.50" D: 0.50"

The camera is too wide/fat for the box :( If I force it in I think it would fit, but I am not gonna do that.

HELP! I have everything else I need to finally assemble the helmet!!

Blue Skies!
Mary B
Sandillas Rodriguez
Muff Brother #2959 TF #77

Do you think it will fit with the strap removed??

With our Blackboxes, to keep the box as small as possible the strap must be removed for the box to accomodate the camera. All boxes would be 3/8"to 1/2" bigger if we made them to accomodate the camera with the wrist strap intact.

Cookie

I already took the strap off..at least partly off. The camera has a small plastic bulge that sticks out and is what catches on the side of the box. At its widest point (without the strap) the camera is 2.4" and the actual entry to the DBox is less than 2.25 due to the hingy stuff on top sticking out into the entry way of the box. The measurement of the inside of the box once you get past the hinges is just less than 2.5". How wide of a camera can the Cookie Box HC Box hold? Help! :)

Blue Skies!
Mary B
Sandillas Rodriguez

well, it appears that the bonehead dbox for the TRV 19,22,33 will fit the HC 90 well. that is waht bonehead now tells me. So my box is being shipped back today and hopefully the other one will come soon and fit so that I can get this helmet put togther! Thanks!

Blue Skies!
Mary B
Sandillas Rodriguez

Well, I dont think there is a cookie that fits my camera. I like the cookie boxes....they do look really cool. Without having the dimesions on the website as to what exactly will fit in each box, its kind of hard to buy them. If this DBox doesnt fit, I dont know what I will do. [:/]

Blue Skies!
Mary B
Sandillas Rodriguez

Email Cameron at Fibre Zone Composites ( [email protected] ). He also makes damn good boxes and he may well know what boxes will & won't fit. If he's already made a box for a HC90 he'll have a mold for it. Worst case, you can send the camera to him and he'll make a custom box to fit.

He's away at a boogie at the moment (the lucky bastard), so it might be May 9 or 10 before you hear back. Otherwise, I'm pretty much out of ideas [:/].