andrewstewart

Holes cut into the ribs on my new Cobalt!

Bill - I'm sorry. But a dude with 400 jumps who does not know what a crossport is, or how to stow his legstraps on the 300 way - I just can't beleive that.

It's like a dude who's been in 300 fire fights who doesn't know where his mag release button is, or an olympic athlete who needs his coach to tie his laces.

I simply cannot beleive it. ITS PART OF OUR 1ST JUMP COURSE!

t

We're not lying to you.

I did not want holes in my head.. as in crash and burn...

Like I said.. no sense of humour.. but I guess you are still in attack mode to Both of you only your point of view has validity. Not everything is so literal in the English language. But I did get the symbolism of the British V of your fingers in the picture you posted which if memory serves me correctly is to tell us all to F@#$# off. I for one will not answer any further to either of you in any thread.. not worth the time of day.... you no longer exist....poof..

Amazon

i diont see anything wrong in that Andrew didnt know what croosports is.Dont blame him for that.What you could blame him for(which i think has been enough of here).were that he didnt had the interest for his canopi before after he got it.That simple..

Andrew.. Just leave it you got your answer and have been blamed more than good were.[:/]think this discus could stay until it get locked..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I did not want holes in my head.. as in crash and burn...

Like I said.. no sense of humour.. but I guess you are still in attack mode to Both of you only your point of view has validity. Not everything is so literal in the English language. But I did get the symbolism of the British V of your fingers in the picture you posted which if memory serves me correctly is to tell us all to F@#$# off. I for one will not answer any further to either of you in any thread.. not worth the time of day.... you no longer exist....poof..

Amazon

Hrm. So when you say something offensive it's "humor" but for everyone else it's an "attack". I see.

And the "V" hand symbol when the nails are pointing away from the 'recipient' is actually the peace symbol, which was my intention.

>Bill - I'm sorry. But a dude with 400 jumps who does not know what a
> crossport is, or how to stow his legstraps on the 300 way - I just
> can't beleive that.

It happens.

>It's like a dude who's been in 300 fire fights who doesn't know where
> his mag release button is, or an olympic athlete who needs his
> coach to tie his laces.

No, it's like a triathelete who doesn't know whether his bike frame is aluminum or steel, or a soldier who doesn't know what kind of rifling the barrel of his weapon has. You can be a decent soldier, and a decent triathelete, without knowing those things. In this case not knowing a canopy has crossports doesn't affect how one flies the canopy, just as not knowing whether a bike frame is aluminum or steel does not affect one's ability to ride it.

>I simply cannot beleive it. ITS PART OF OUR 1ST JUMP COURSE!

It's part of mine as well, but not everyone has the same FJC.

The first time I noticed the holes in the ribs (crossports) on someone elses canopy (mine did'nt have them) I thought they had something to do with minimizing pack-volume, or some concept of aerodynamic engineering to improve structural strength. It appeared obvious to me that the holes were no accident and were cut with precision. (I just didn't think to ask...?)

It (crossports) was never covered in my basic canopy instruction through AFP. I made some assumptions that were; I had enough to know and do at my level that, if it were important, I thought someone would have mentioned it. I mean it never came up in a dirt dive like, "Hey, and make sure your crossports are good!"

It was only after I started doing research on other canopies that I just fell onto the topic and said to myself, "Oh! thats what those fuckers are..."

Another thing, I have absorbed much more information it seems just through exposure than by knowing what questions to ask. Pride is for the young and ignorant, it will blur your perception to answers that seem offensive. Everyone of reasonable maturity knows, asking a question is always better than not!

I was offended by your lack of decorum in how you responded to Dave. I accept and appreciate that you seemed to recant your attitude and behavior. Your explanation for your responses seem reasonable and I can disregard that offense. But, you have have taken more from this forum than your question deserves to be given. Dave is hurt, I'm hurt, and well now its your turn to answer a question.

Are you a brutal trolling thug or are you just having a tough time with other people asking you questions that are tough to answer?
--
I'm done with the personally meaningful and philosophical sigs!!

When did I give Aggie "TUDE"???? The only post I put on this was saying that I agreed with the original poster on this topic. In only two sentences I said I thought everybody should respect his right to privacy. That's it. That's all. I said nothing more. I made not one single personal attack. Furthermore, not one SINGLE POST has mentioned Aggie. So to claim that Aggie has left the website because of "TUDE" he got from me is INSANE.

The only person I have belittled on here is you. This is because you keep making comments that seem to be baiting somebody into a response. Let's briefly look at the history here:

Why don't you bait more people? Nobody has to release information about themselves on this Website. If it isn't in their profile, it's probably for a reason. Respect other peoples' right to privacy. It's really that simple.

Alternatively, you could just start the whole argument again.....and then maybe you could post your past "baiting history" in your profile for everyone to see......

That is the very first time I said anything that even comes close to belittling anybody. Your post makes it sound as if I have been on other peoples' cases for a while now. The record obviously shows that this is not true.

After the post above, you proceeded to respond with your smart alec comments. To even infer that I am paranoid in any way is ludicrous. So, I responded to your post once again. Name calling ensues....then you accuse me of yet another untruth (driving Aggie of the Website). I don't know where you came up with that lie. Seriously.

Also, you missed my point in saying that you're UGLY. That's not what I meant. It was purely social sattire on my part. Don't get what I mean? PM me.