chowchow

Minolta 7D

I finally broke down and bought one - I've been using the Maxxum 7 for the past 4 years and I've been so happy with it's performance I figured I'd just stick with what I know.

The controls are basically the same as the Maxxum 7 - Most adjustments (Drive Mode, Exposure Mode, Exposure Compensation, Flash Compensation, Focus Area Selection, White Balance Adjustments, Bracketing Setup, 3 Programmable Modes, plus a whole lot more, can be done with external controls without having to browse through endless menus. It's a little bigger than the 7 but it does use the same remote switch. The only adjustment I needed to make to my helmet was to lower the L-Bracket about a 1/2 inch. I'll have to change my flash set up so I can fit the TTL-Cord on top as well but that'll have to wait until next week....

I just picked it up on Friday so I took it out to the DZ and tried it out on a few tandems. The weather was rather shitty and the lighting conditions sucked but, all things considered, it was a fun first day playing with my new toy.

Now for the fun (and most frustrating part ) - calibrating my monitors and printers. :D:D:D:D

Peace
Z

Edit: Does anyone have a recommendation for a good 8x10 Dye Sublimation printer? I've found tons of them that print 4x6 prints but only a few for 8x10's.

Thanks....

Action©Sports

are you using the ccd stabilizer and auto focus ?

I use auto focus but I turn the image stabilizer off since I use a 15mm Fisheye and it's not required with such a short focal length.
(or at high shutter speeds)

how many shots do you get in one skydive ? (or are you only shooting when you thinks it's good)

I only shoot when I see something worth capturing - usually about 20 - 25 shots a skydive. The camera itself is capapble of way more than that though.

are you using a 40x or 80x CF card ?

I'm using a Scandisk Ultra II 1Gig 60X card

Hope it helps,
Z

Action©Sports