skajdajver

Adobe Premiere Pro

Hi

After editing my videoclips in Pinnacle i have swapped to Adobe Premiere Pro.
I would like to know if its possible to make smoother transitions between musictracks. To tune the music so that I can put the volume down in the end of the musictrack and put the volume up on the next track.

Off all things to believe in - why not yourself

Or put the time-slider where you want the audio to be 100%, then in the effect controlls>audio panel, click 'create keyframe' and then go to the end of your clip, and do the same thing, but this time, drag the volume slider down to 0%.

Or ask your subject and everyone else around you to silence slowly as you are shooting...creating a realtime fade-out.....:P
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I tend to just use the audio transition Crossfade (effects), think it's faster then using timeframes.

I think if you count the number of clicks it won't make much of a difference...it's more whats your personal preference and what you want to do..

If you use the keyframes/rubber bands, it easyer to also tweak audio levels through-out a clip (something I tend to do a lot).
If it's just fade-ins/fade-outs, then the audio crossfades are probably quickest..

Both methods are relativly easy...just checking the premiere help-file wil show you how to use both methods step-by-step. Always a handy reference..

p.s.
Really enjoyed that last vid you did saskia.
Wanted to talk to you about that, but I'll see you this weekend..(weather permitting)B|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The audio ruberbands are not in Premiere Pro. You now have to use either an audio crossfade or the effect control window and keyframes.

Click the roll-out tab next to your selected audio-track
Enable/show clip volume, and you have the 'classic' rubberbands that you can just drag/move up and down to change the volume
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

i guess they answered your question.

heres a helpful hint...

I find that when I import a track to the editing area I have to drop the volume by about 5% to prevent distrotion.

the distortion isnt apparent until you burn a DVD. while you are viewing it theres a lot of crackle.

each clip and soundtrack I import I drop by 5% to prevent the loss of quality
My photos

My Videos

I find that when I import a track to the editing area I have to drop the volume by about 5% to prevent distrotion.

the distortion isnt apparent until you burn a DVD. while you are viewing it theres a lot of crackle.

This distortion often arrises when you capture your audio on a 33.000 Khz sample-rate.

This works without a problem if all audio in your project is of this sample rate, but often goes wrong when using it in compination with music (usualy 44.000 Khz mp3's)

When converting/rendering the whole project to 44.000 khz for DVD, at the points where the 33.000 Khz audio mixes with the 44.000 khz audio, bad distortion/crackin noises arrise when premiere triest to upsample the DV audio.

If you just capture all your footage with 48.000 khz audio, Premiere Pro has no problems when downsampling it to DVD (in combination with music/whatever) and youll never have any bad noise in your audio.

So just capturing at this higher sample-rate usualy solves the issue (if you have it)

Must be some kind of Premiere Pro bug, since Premieres 'classic' series (up untill version 6.5) never had any troubles with this...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Click the roll-out tab next to your selected audio-track
Enable/show clip volume, and you have the 'classic' rubberbands that you can just drag/move up and down to change the volume

That is so cool! Thanks for posting that. I noticed you cant create keyframes on the ruberband with a mouse click like you used to be able to do. I had to add a keyframe at the CTI manually but other than that its just like the old rubberbands. Cool.

Skydive Radio