sneaky

Tandem Video Exits - inspiration wanted !

Why? Because you don't care about the safety of the tandem pair or you're bored or both?

Tandems aren't about you being entertained, they're about the student and the safety of the student.

Ever seen a sidespin? That TI ever been in a sidespin?

Actually, Dave, most tandems don't come out to the DZ for a rigorous day of intensive military style training. Most of them simply want to try skydiving once for, yep, you guessed it, THEIR OWN PERSONAL ENTERTAINMENT. Just because you and your video staff may lack the professional experience to provide them with both a safe and entertaining jump does not make your particular way of doing things an industry standard.

Every single time someone in this forum has the audacity to pose a question that falls outside the box, you guys whip out the flame fest. It always begins with the safety issue.

Hate to break it to ya folks but, every DZO and S&TA I know makes student safety their top priority and simply will not allow what they consider to be unsafe interactions between their video staff and tandems. In most cases, these guys have a pretty good read on what their particular staff is or isn't capable of and set standards accordingly.

On the other hand, they also want to enjoy the fantastic marketing opportunities that come with having a top notch tandem/video staff and will often allow those with the requisite skills to explore and experiment knowing that their staff also possesses the knowledge and experience to know where to draw the line.

Had you chuckleheads bothered to talk to Sneaky about his post as opposed to flaming the guy you would have found out that he has a veritable pissload of skydiving experience - more than most us combined - AFF Instructor, Tandem Instructor, Videographer, and yep, he's even an S&TA.

Is it possible that someone at that experience level might have something to contribute to this forum?

Hmmmmm

Action©Sports

Hate to break it to ya folks but, every DZO and S&TA I know makes student safety their top priority and simply will not allow what they consider to be unsafe interactions between their video staff and tandems. In most cases, these guys have a pretty good read on what their particular staff is or isn't capable of and set standards accordingly

That's why I've seen DZO's threatening their TIs to go up in unsafe conditions, in unsafe winds, trying to beat a severe storm coming through and even through solid thick cloud cover. Yup, every DZO has safety in mind...not money, definately not money.

will often allow those with the requisite skills to explore and experiment knowing that their staff also possesses the knowledge and experience to know where to draw the line.

The tandem fatality list has quite a few folks that knew where to draw the line too.

Is it possible that someone at that experience level might have something to contribute to this forum?

I'm quite sure. However, tossing safety out the window just because an instructor is bored and/or a video guy is bored is beyond irresponsible when talking about doing those things with a live student.

Just because you and your video staff may lack the professional experience to provide them with both a safe and entertaining jump does not make your particular way of doing things an industry standard.

Nice personal attack. Kinda funny since you've never met me and never have been to my DZ. *shrug* Good for you.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

If you are that interested in getting good marketing footage or whatever and want to use a linked exit as part of it, why not just get an experience jumper to pretend to be a student and film that? It could be part of the intro to your tandem video and used for whatever you wanted. Just a thought.

Blue Skies!
Mary B
Sandillas Rodriguez
Muff Brother #2959 TF #77

ill be sure never jump at your dropzone jump with a bunch of know it all primadona who wine and cry about anyone having any opinion but theres. i have the 280 jumps and the military freefall jumps and static lines which i dont count. you all jumped on the original poster like a bunch of asses impling that he wasnt concerned of safety and talking trash intead of facts, my point is proven when you cry about jump numbers like it takes more then 50 jumps with tandems to be good? your full of shit!!! a new camera man can fly with tamndems at 150 jumps - 300 with out a problem. If they can fly at all i meen fly well and have a safe attitute and no what they are doing and the tandem master is comfortable. siting at the edge of a 4 or 8 way rw team is much harder then filming a tandem, and ok lets see some of you film head down with a group of vrw then lets see who can fly. anycompitent cam guy can fly his .45 or .5 lens 6 inches from the student forheads if desired. and any one of you can do it also. it doesnt take 4000 jumps to do that so id say your super high jump numbers are not very relavent, if you been jumping and filming 10 years i am sure your not much better at filming tandems then you were 8 years ago or not much better then people with 2 years of filming tandems. i have never done a linked exit, it never came up, never proposed, never tryed it. but i wouldnt jump all over anyone who wants to if all agree and again its not that hard and how many tandems go in each year???? how many answer that dont dick around with jump numbers and cry and whine how many tandems go in every year??? and why??

was it for a linked exit?? did the camera man kill them??? or a side spin??? no and you all know it!!!!! so focus on those numbers!!! how many experinced swoopers get killed with 1000 of jumps huh??? it is very hard to swoop it is not hard to video a tandem.

and if me and others are so unsafe as you imply then why do i jump with tandem after tandems with out any problems?? if i wasnt good at it ( and its not hard to be ) then i wouldnt be allowed to do it.

i know someone with 100 jumps and about a 40 hrs in the tunnel and you should see his vrw videos un real.

again i am sick of you so called super sky gods on here crying and picking apart every single post you dont agree with, and saying things like AT MY WONDERFUL DZ YOU HAVE TO HAVE 1000 JUMPS BEFORE YOU GET TO FILM ANYONE, then i say oh when did you start filming and you laugh and say yeah at 100 jumps but i was good at it.

just shut your mouth if you dont agree with someone else and their opinion then dont say anything mostly you have nothing relevent to say and all you do is try to tear the guy up for posting.

so shove it!! i have more experience and jumps then listed, i have lots of tunnel time ( lots ) i dont do anything unsafe ever ( i dont even swoop ) and i never do linked tandem exits, my vdieos look good, tandem masters, aff instructors, and groups like my videos, i always do what i am told, i alsways follow the plan and never dieviate, i never have been hurt jumping, and most of you beating up on the original poster are asses and i hope you stay at your dropzones where you know it all

Nice personal attack. Kinda funny since you've never met me and never have been to my DZ. *shrug* Good for you.

Take it however you like, Dave. That was by no means a personal attack, merely a question of professional experience and personal comfort levels. It may have been a few years but I've jumped at Aggieland several times and I enjoyed every aspect of that DZ with the possible exception of the packing area - call me crazy if you like but I've found that a/c makes packing a wee bit more tolelrable in the Texas heat.....

As for personal attacks, you felt perfectly comfortable attacking Sneaky for posing a simple question and you've never met him, have you?

It's become quite obvious that anyone who poses a question involving maneuvers that fall outside the capabilities of certain forum members is going to be flamed under the guise of safety and everyone's overwhelming skydiving experience. My question is simply "Why?" Can't we have an adult discussion without immediately getting in to a dick swinging contest?

And another thing, Dave. If you're not comfortable jumping in certain conditions or interacting with your video guy, don't. Just because you feel that you can not jump in those conditions, or don't feel comfortable interacting with your video guy in a certain way does not mean that it can not be done safely by others with years more experience. They too, can make that decision for themselves. I know several TI's who spent time jumping in Hawaii in extremely windy conditions that most would find totally unacceptable - then again, they're some of the best damned TI's I've ever seen. Keep an open mind, you might be surprised what some people can do.

Action©Sports

Ok then...how many total freefall jumps do you have??? How many hours of tunnel time? Its all relative. I have 650 jumps. Which sounds like much more than you, but hardly any in the rest of the world of skydiving. So let us know..."a lot" of skydives can mean "a lot" of things. Tell us why we should trust you to do a linked exit or take your advice on video? I have 500 video jumps, VIDEO jumps, not just jumps where a camera is on my head. And thats not much in this world of skydiving either. I am a low timer. You are a low timer. I think you may just be a troll. And your friend sneaky...if he "feels like he doesn't need to reveal his jump numbers" he probably doesn't have too many either.

Cheers,
Travis

I am sure you are very skilled. I respect your self proclaimed ability to do TM video, however; your lack of respect for your elders is disgraceful. We only want to ensure the sport is continued in a professional manner and for the overall good of all jumpers. I was only posting to YOU and not SY. We would all respect you both more if you were not afraid to post who you really are, but what ever, I did my 20 in the Army so you could do and say anything you want.

I probably am not as good at TM video as you, but I learned from some very good/brave/stupid friends and respect all those that came before me. There is not much new to do with TM's that has not already been done, we took a lot of chances with each other and our customers and now realize just how stupid it was. Learn from the past or repeat our mistakes.

I only wish you safe jumps!!
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

call me crazy if you like but I've found that a/c makes packing a wee bit more tolelrable in the Texas heat.....

I agree...we're trying to fix that, but that's definately a big ticket item...AC that is.;)

f you're not comfortable jumping in certain conditions or interacting with your video guy, don't. Just because you feel that you can not jump in those conditions, or don't feel comfortable interacting with your video guy in a certain way does not mean that it can not be done safely by others with years more experience.

Take this as you wish, but its not a question of not being comfortable or a lack of skill, its an honest to god belief that its not the most prudent action to take while acting as a TI with a live student. Going up and shooting video with an experienced jumper as a passenger, whatever, I could care less honestly. However, taking a student on their first jump and introducing unnecessary risks is beyond that scope. Not a question of skill or comfort, I just see it as not professional and not prudent.

you might be surprised what some people can do.

Yup, and some of my students have done that to me. I know that's not what you meant, but that's my point that no matter how much training you give a student. Even past the 5 minutes it takes to teach a tandem student everything they need to know for their introductory tandem, they can and will do very very odd things that can ruin your day...or things that are just annoying. However, introducing added factors that hender the TI's ability to get belly to the wind and get the drogue out can very easily and quickly turn an annoyance into a very serious situation.

That was a bit long winded, but I'm trying to explain my point sans a bonfire and some beer (which does make things harder:P). I wasn't trying to get into a "dick swinging contest" just trying to explain my distaste of TIs taking unnecessary risks that endanger the student.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Is the fact that the numbers are low on injureys make it any less safe?

i dont think anyone here said they were a skygod either... me personally, i did just under 500 working video jump just last year, not just tandems, just i have been on boodie videos, FF, bird-man aff, tandem and i video a 4-way team. i think we are all here just speaking from experience..not out our asses

so..know what your talkng about and who, before you start blasting off on people

im done with this thread and feeding the trolls now!
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

I'm not sure about Sneaky, but old "airborne" has got to be a troll or at least a guy looking to push everyone's buttons. Look at his previous posts. In over 90% of them he starts name calling, cussing, whining , etc, by the second post of the thread. I think he gets his kicks that way -- I say, let him rant, gotta be safer to let him do that than fly video! ;):P:o

And take from one who has been there (ODA 552 CO B, 2nd BN 5th SFG). The guys who are always bragging about their military jump numbers usually don't have them.:|

Thank you zee and sneaky with your great posts!!!!! You are two elders whom i can respect highly!!!

you other bitchin, whining, name calling guys are the trolls you start flaming sneaky becuase he ask questions or has an other opinion.

again my post are inspired by you troll flammers who pick apart sneakys and call him unsafe, i mean you elders are the ones whinning and crying. my lack of respect for you is becuase troll, pick apart, and flame anyone with any idea or opinion but your own. and you dont like it when someone throws it back in your face.
You elders have these baby egos and 90% of the time you are flaming, and arguing, and play little games with your bullshit arguments.
look at your post here look what you say. you think i am unsafe? i told you i dont do linked exits are you all stupid or something, see you attack me with weak crap like oh you have only 400 jumps but i have 2000 but you really offer no counter points. again you guys love to crizatize jump numbers but you dont ansewr to the numbers of how many tandem deaths and injuries in the last 10 years, and how many did the video guy cause and how many were side spin?

most are from equipment. malfunctions, and how many tandems jumps were there in 10 years. funny seems like video tandems isnt that dangerous and come on its not that hard

you so called elders are getting killed swooping with all your jumps and glory, so that doesnt bode well for you. swooping is very hard and very dangerous but i dont flame anyone for doing it and if i am so dangerous and you wouldnt want me at your dropzone ( sounds like a flaming asshole troll comment ) why dont i swoop? see you guys just spew crap out of your mouths

wow 500 jumps in one year great and again how many jumps did it take you to be good at tandem video huh? right. and wow that cam you fly for the last 10 years its as big as my mail box very cool is that 8track or reel to reel?

See you are the trolls i am just sticking up for sneaky ( who by the way is just as experienced or more then most of you flaming trolls ) i stick up for sneaky and zee's post nails you on the head. i stick up for sneakys right to post with out harm from others. if you have nothing nice or relevent to say then dont post. if you attack someone like sneaky for having another opinion then ill be the first one in your face, giving it right back at you. Mostly i sit here reading post and never respond but when i see you flammers jump on someone like sneaky that thats when i jump in. I love to see some of you try that crap in person also, I love to help anyone out in person with that problem.

bottom line dont be jerks and flame other people for sake of your ego, then you wont have to here me throwing it in your face, leave people aloneand only bitches turn everything into a bitch contest

Thanks Zee,

It is Hawaii, I worked there for about 5 years, 3 dropzones on one airfield, LOTS of work!!! :S

I made my 1200 TM's there in 18 months, and have not done one now for over 4 years.

You should visit Hawaii, it is a incredible place!!

Arvel
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

Holy shit, this thread is out of control.

Here's the bottom line, if you want to skydive for a long time, and not get busted up, you need to watch out for yourself. The more times you inrtoduce 'unknown' factors to your jumps, the more you risk an incident.

How does this relate? The unknown factor in a tandem is the student. Nobody, the student included, knows what they will do once they leave the plane. In fact, students can cause all kinds of havok even before they leave the plane. Back to the story, the time between the exit and drouge toss is the most crucial time for all involved.

For the TM ans student, it's the time where things can really go wrong. Student body position, type of AC, TM skill, and luck all factor in to get the TM an oppertunity to get a clean drouge toss. Any video guy can attest to seeing many tandems who took an extra roll, or had a drouge bounce off of a foot on a seemingly normal exit.

The video guy is also workig his hardest at this point. While the trajectory is roughly the same, the presentation, as well as the duration of freefall (before the drouge toss) both conspire to hide the passenger from the video, or leave the video guy in the dust. This is where the video guy earns his money. Once the drouge is out, the tandem is a sitting duck, and a retarded monkey could film them.

So what about the grips? All of the unknown factors in the first part of the jump are why you need to keep your hands to yourself. You seem to think that you can just 'let go' if things go wrong. Sure, you could, but this is where your flying skills will be needed. The same skills that would let you get the same shot without the grip are needed to stay clear of whatever is going wrong. If you have the skills, why take the added risk of the dock? Stay clear, and let the Tm do his job, and let the student do whatever stupid thing they are going to do.

Once the drouge is out? Assuming you are not directly above or below the tandem, the gloves are off. Do what ever the TM is comfortable with. Shit, even if the TM doesn't like it, they can't really stop you at that point (of course they may kick your ass once you all land).

As far as your experience is concerned, you have alot to learn. Your tunnel time, and military experience will not help you with tandem video. Tnadem video experience will help you with tandem videos. Yes, I really am that much better than I was 8 years ago, and was shooting decent video eight years ago. Ask any of the true high time video guys, Rickster, McGowan, etc., and they will tell you how much they learned on jumps 5000 thru 10,000. It never ends. Well, for them it never ends, which is why they are where they are. Those who think differently are the ones who never get anywhere. If you think you've got it down at 300 jumps, congrats, that as good as you'll ever get. If you open up your mind, and shut your piehole, you'll continue to learn thru jump 3000 and jump 13000.

I have been reading this post from the get go- I know my opinion probably isn't worth much (being that I've never jumped before) but I felt like throwing in my 2 cents.
Skydiving has become a passion- one that I am pursuing (I will hopefully make my first tandem jump this summer). So I guess my opinion as a soon to be first timer might have some weight here. Yes- I am going for entertainment (and to hopefully progress towards an A liscence eventually). My entertainment will come from jumping out of an airplane, checking out what I'm sure will be an amazing view, pulling the ripcord (if I'm allowed), and doing a few turns once under canopy.
Now of course I want this xperience filmed (and pictures taken too). Would I rather have a Vidoegrapher with a few hundred video jumps or with over a thousand? Well, over a thousand would be my preferance. And I'm not saying that the guy/girl with a few hundred video jumps doesn't know what they are doing.
The way I see it (if I actually pursue this sport past my first tandem), is that after my first jump, I'll know next to nothing. After my A, I'll still know next to nothing. After a hundred or so, I'll have some basic knowledge. After a few hundred, I'll be better than I was at 100. After a thousand, better than I was at 500. The point is, you continue to gain knowledge/experiance with every jump. This seems like a sport that you never stop educating yourself in. It would seem that even after 1000 (or even 2000) jumps, you still have alot to learn.
You know, maybe a linked exit on a tandem would be cool. But I would definitley not want to do it on my tandem. I have enough to worry about (opening my eyes, not rolling into the fetal position the whole way down, and enjoying the ride). I respect Aggiedave and the others that put my safety first. I would want a TI and Videographer that are more worried about getting me to the ground safeley, than what kind of interesting exit can we do to make this more entertaining. So many first timers (that I've read about in these forums) go into sensory overload- I don't think they need even more stuff to help in that process. A simple non-rolling exit would be nice for me.
(Sorry this was so long).

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

Personally, I don't have any problem whatsoever with a small number of very-capable camera flyers taking a back-flying front-float grip on my passenger on exit. The "in your face" video is awesome. Likewise, I don't have any problem when we take that exit head down for a while (my Racer Tandem is approved for freeflying) Those same people can and do also execute the same exit (front float in a backflying position) without the grip. I have allowed it and I like it, but once again, it's only with very accomplished video flyers. Note: all the GK tandem guys work at Raeford in their spare time. Gimpy, Arvel (BlueSBDeath), and MattM are all also video guys at Raeford (as am I when Tony needs me to). When you see video of that exit it's with extremely accomplished video guys and TI's, at least when performed by our guys.

Chuck

Sneaky -- et al --

A large part of the reason you got flamed was because you had not filled out your profile and, generally speaking, if we don't know who you are, we're going to assume the worst -- that you're a newbie looking for advice about things you're not quite ready for.

Not your fault for wanting to keep your info private, but also understand that all of the folks here are looking out for each other and the newbies.

If you have a lot of experience, he'd like to know about it!

Please, if you have the time, fill in your info and maybe even give us a little bio about your experiences in the sport.

As for Aggie Dave in particular, when it comes to skydiving, he really does have the safety and best interests of everyone involved in mind so, try cutting him a little slack, eh? Based on the information you provided this forum, there was no way he could have had -any- idea if you were a seasoned pro or just another crater waiting for GPS coordinates. ;)

Most of the folks on this forum know and respect each other. We'd like to get to know you a little better and maybe learn something from you, but ya gotta meet us half way.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

ok for all the slow people once again i dont do linked exits, i do what the TM tells me. when i do an aff video i do what the aff guys tell me. i do what the rw team wants me to do and after review the video and the want soemthing else ill do it what ever they want. I dont advocate linked exits them i dont know anything about them and if asked probubly wouldnt do one. i can stay with in a couple of feet of a tandem on exit so again i dont know about the linked exit. It wasnt my post and the only thing i have to learn is to get better and safer everytime. you need to learn we wont tolerate you flamers flaming someones inocent post. so you so called flamer elders need to learn some manners, sneaky has an idea and an approach and you people wronged him.

I am sure your better then you were 8 years ago and i guaruntee you out fly me most of you eleders do. but since a monkey can do tandem video then we agree it isnt too hard. i am probubly where you were 8 years ago, and if that was fin for you it is for me.

bottom line some of you elders should act your age and experience and stop jumping on some poor guy like sneaky, it shouldnt take a an under 400 jumper like me to teach you that.

one more time I DONT DO LINKED EXITS. AND I DO WHAT I AM TOLD, I AM SAFE, I STICK TO THE PLAN, MY VIDOES LOOK FINE, EVERYONE HAS FUN AND THE TANDEM MASTER IS HAPPY!! IF NOT THE TM WILL ASK FOR SOMEONE ELSE.

Now line up and appologize to sneaky!!

one more time I DONT DO LINKED EXITS. AND I DO WHAT I AM TOLD, I AM SAFE, I STICK TO THE PLAN, MY VIDOES LOOK FINE, EVERYONE HAS FUN AND THE TANDEM MASTER IS HAPPY!! IF NOT THE TM WILL ASK FOR SOMEONE ELSE.

Could you please SHOUT a little louder and repeat yourself at least 3 more times? Some of us still don't quite get it, and the more you act like a child the more we will all respect what you have to say.

Skydive Radio

Personally, I don't have any problem whatsoever with a small number of very-capable camera flyers taking a back-flying front-float grip on my passenger on exit. The "in your face" video is awesome.

I do that exit without the grip. It works, and the stills are priceless. I don't have any with now, maybe I can post some later. I see adding the grip as finesse, and largely unnesesary.

I think being a heavier guy probably helps me out here, because when I'm on my back I can easily stay underneath a drogueless pair for as long as I need to.

Of course, having the back fly skills are critical here, and I certainly wouldn't expect the guy who started this thread to have any of those...

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Well, sneaky. While I agree with the general consensus that linked exits on tandems are not a good idea, and are against most gear manufacturer's rules. I will not say I have not seen them done at several DZ's throughout the country and at tandems done at boogies. However, as I read your initial question was looking for interesting exit techniques.

Well since you jump a porter I have a few that work nicely from a porter, 206, 182, or even a beech 18.

On the 206 (cargo door), porter, or Be18 there is often a lip or step that one can grab and hang from at the bottom of the door. This puts the videoflyer in a position to look up at the tandem in the door rather than sideways from a front or rear float position and makes for a nice shot. It does take an extra second to climb out and set up for it so don't try it on a long spot. On a cargo door 206 or a porter I also like to climb forward and front float up on the step over the wheel or by the strut if so equipped, also a nice shot. I have hung from the wheel or step on a regular door 182 or 206, again where you are looking up at the tandem and get a nice view of the plane in the frame. Just make sure that if you're going to do anything unusual, check with the jump pilot to make sure it's okay with him/ her. I have a couple hundred hours flying jumpers in 182's 206's and a few turbine types and none of the exit positions I've described would be off-limits to someone jumping from my plane. The drag a person creates hanging outside the aircraft is not much different if you're hanging from the strut (static line student position) or from the jump step. Actually the effect on the aircraft is much worse with a 4 way outside a cessna than a single videographer anywhere outside the door.

As far as after the tandem leaves the door, I find sitflying initially is a good way to stay in close an increase speed with the tandem pair prior to drogue deployment (provided you can maintain good relativity in a sit position). When you see the TM reach for the the drogue anticipate that they are going to slow and go belly and adjust your fall-rate accordingly, this will help to keep you in close on the hill and get good shots just after exit. After that be creative get in close, slide back and barrel roll, keeping the tandem in frame, etc. I hope this gives you some good ideas to try and maybe some new and interesting views for your tandem videos. Good luck.
Blue Skies,
Adam
I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . . — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

what i do is put my (wide ass) lens in front of them. all our tandem masters do a full body cadance none of this namby pamby waving the hand around. move with the T.I. drop your front shoulder as you leave and aim to be underneath them asap. this put you in the hed down posiion to the relative win so you will keep up with them until they punch the drouge then roll over as normal.the T.I. can do a beginners poised exit or a backloop and you get the face shot every time.

i'm heading to a boogie in aus today otherwise i would have linked up a video of the exit.

most camera guys use it here and it is encouraged over a poised camera exit.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Where, exactly, did I ever said you did anything of the sort? Also, where, exactly, in my post did I do any flaming at all? Perhaps you should respond to those who you believe WERE flaming you instead of me. Hey, I don't give a rat's ass what you do, just don't fucking hurt anyone. Ultimately, it's a joint decision between a tandem instructor and a vidiot as to what shots are going to get taken. At many dropzones you simply do not have a choice; you do exactly what the vendor has scripted you to do, by the numbers, or you get the boot. Other dropzones, like mine, give an experienced videographer more freedom to do what they have proven they are capable of. I learned video (four way, to defray the cost of my own four way jumping) back when VHS-C was brand new technology. I was doing that with around 300 jumps I guess, so nobody, not me at least, is saying it's a bad thing to start jumping a camera that soon. What I will say though, as someone who did not do tandem video until around the same time as I got my tandem rating, is it's probably best to refrain from doing extremely-close-proximity video until you meet the minimum manufacturers recommendations. The last thing a tandem pair needs is some noob falling into the drogue while swooping down to get the shot.

Chuck

Safety comes 1st in any type of skydive.
I feel that all are missing the point with tandem camera. I do not class myself as an experianced camera flyer or tandem master but i do do both so have the feel from both sides. as tandem master i dont want anybody to close to me, as camera flyer i want to get creative,BUT we must remember that the passenger is the paying customer and is paying our salary show him off not the camera flyer or tandem masters abilities. I have seen to many videos recently that show of the camera and tandem master and forgot about the passenger.
PEACE
TQ
I am me and you are you, so deal with it!!!
www.skydivepe.com