sneaky

Tandem Video Exits - inspiration wanted !

Interesting stuff here,
I wonder what a prosecuting attorney would look for in a wrongful death suit if a TM & camera flyer were tangled up and augered in with a passenger.
Thinks like BSR's, industry standards, informed consent, etc all come to mind.
Pushing the envelope for video is cool for me, I enjoy watching it,,, I just feel JQ public shoudn't be involved with it.
Like expressed already, if a passenger is skilled in the sport and accepts the risk, as does the TM and camera flyer, cool, go for it. But I don't think it should be portrayed to the public as an accepted practice....

Natural Born FlyerZ.com

no monkey i didnt respond to you sorry i clicked on the wrong rpl item your post was great

again sorry about that you didnt flame anyone your posts are always great!!!! i have a ton of respect for you

ANDYMAN, HAD A GREAT POST, FLYBOY HAD A AWESOME POST!!!! AND MONKEY HAD A GREAT POST I LEARNED ALOT THERE FLY THANKS YOU THE SHIzzzznit rhys had a great post and so did POPE.

No one wants to hurt anyone here well i am sorry i do want to hurt some people hurt just the flamers

got a few im's supporting my stance on the flamers

First of all, I dont post much here, so Im not real informed on the lingo(troll, flamers, etc.) I do see alot of arguing, which is good, as long as its respectful. No need to insult folks, were all skydivers, and no one wants to do any harm to anyone. Im responding because my inverted dock was brought up. More info might add some light. That was with my brother in law, at Raeford DZ right after he proposed to my sister. It was his fifth tandem. We discussed it in detail, and the TM was a teammate I have several hundred tandems with, and have jumped with daily for 4 years. Im not sure how the video ended up on a post, but it should not have only because it creates concern with those uninformed of the facts, and ideas in young videographers. Golden Knight aircraft was not used, and the jumps were paid for by all of us. We do linked exits on the team. Harness grip, single hand grip, there are many. We are no better than anyone else, but we have the advantage of jumping with the same TM's everyday, all year. I agree that safety is of utmost importance, but I also feel you must try new things in order to progress. The front float is a great exit position for tandems, and took me awhile to get right. Others pick it up faster, and still, other go only with what they are comfortable with, and do not try anything new. I do not get paid for each tandem, I get paid a salary, which also gives me the advantage of experimentation without worry of collecting 30 bucks for a bad video. SNEAKY, email me([email protected]) and I would be more than happy to discuss this stuff with you, exchange ideas, maybe I could learn some new stuff as well. Ill be more than happy to exchange pics and video.I think it was a great thread. As for all this talk of experience, jump numbers, it is all relative. I jump with my wife(300 jumps) and I am a wealth of knowledge for her. I jump with guys like Kurt Isenbarger, Chuck Blue, Steve Curtis, Omar, and especially when I worked with Paul Rafferty, I am a student. We are all constantly learning. PILOTDAVE, I dont believe in posting pics to get respect... that is something you earn only in the air, not on a post with a couple of cool pictures. AIRBORNE82ND, I disagree with your post. Please state your name, we probably know each other. If you are a Raefordite, listen to those regulars out there, they are the best in the business. Chuck(Uh, skymonleyone), Arvel, DAGIMP, Scott Rhodes, Paul Raspino, , and many others out there are experts in what they do, talk to them, absorb thier knowledge. Please be carefull of saying someone is "crying about safety". I did not meet aggiedave, but I was at his dropzone for the Bush tandems, and those guys are top notch. I dont beleive he was crying about anything, I beleive he was concerned, and I respect that. He may disagree with some of the things we do on the team, and some of the things done at other dropzones, but it is of concern for passenger safety, which is ultimately the only real important part of the experience... (Sidenote- Arvel, awseome tandem video of Pedro's daughter, unfortunatley I spelled your first and last name incorrectly on the memorial DVD. Blame Travis Belt!!!... Ill fix it.) Sorry for the long post.

Dave does your opinion change as Sneaky has filled in his profile, and has buckets loads of Jumps and is an Aff-I, I saw in another post?

Do you think he can safely do some more intereting linked tandem exits??

Jezz

"Now I know why the birds fly"
Hinton Skydivers

Dave does your opinion change as Sneaky has filled in his profile, and has buckets loads of Jumps and is an Aff-I, I saw in another post?

Do you think he can safely do some more intereting linked tandem exits??

Yes it does. I'm sure he can do the exits and I'm now sure that he's not someone with a fresh rating with a new video guy trying really hard to "be cool" and not understanding the extreme risks involved.

However, I still firmly believe in what I've stated, that for the majority of students that go on tandems the benifits do not outweigh the risk. Sure, someone might do it a few times, might make it work, eventually though, you'll get "one of those" students.

I've only got 620 tandem jumps, so anyone can take my opinion or leave it, I don't really care.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Mine generally doesn't.

Adding a grip rarely results in "better video", when judged by a first jump tandem. It may result in "better video" when judged by experienced skydivers. Remember who the client is, and make the best video you can - for them. Impressing your freeflyer girlfriend does not make for a better first-jump tandem video.

Adding a grip can be a crutch for people who can't perform without it. In that case, that person shouldn't be doing that kind of exit with a tandem in the first place.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Well, I did my 20 in the Army, retired to Hawaii for 5 years, and now I am back in NC at Fayetteville. Just trying to stay alive, and jump as much as I can!! ;)

And you, when did you get out of jail??:P

Arvel
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

yeah... I even know a daft idiot that logs a jumps everytime the plane takes off, and he'll be on the ground with a cigarette in his gob ! .. well at least thats my theory coz for his jump numbers he can't fly his canopy for shit...

I agree with you. I do not see any benefits from linked exits with tandems.

A handshake in freefall, no problem. But a linked exit not with me! (about 550 tandems)
By the way: It is NOT forbidden here in europe. I can do it if I want (as a TI) but why take the extra risk?

You do not have a better video if you do linked tandemexits, so what's the advantage?

Do whatever exit you want, but do not hold me.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habit,
Especially when you are jumping a sport rig