wadebaird

Mounting a Still camera

So I am going to be picking up the 350D here shortly and I am starting to think about how I want to mount it. I have an Arrow Dynamics Hawkeye helmet that has both a flat top and side. I have my PC101 mounted on the side.

The two options I see for mounting the still camera is either on the top or upside down in front of my forehead. I see alot of people with it in front of their forehead but not sure if I would go for that. Seems like it would stick quite a ways out in front. However it also seems like it would be more out of the way and less likely to get damaged by risers or anything else. Any opinions on that?

Either way I go, I need to be able to stabilize the lens so that the opening force doesn't rip it off. What is the best way that you guys have found for doing this? Do you just put some sort of support underneath the lens (if it is top mounted), or do you put something under and also wrapping around to hold it down? What kind of materials do you use?

Thanks!

Nothing. The mount on the camera and Lens are made usually to hold up to about 5-7 pounds. The average lens weighs in at roughly a pound. That would take a substainded opening of over 7G's in order to even think about damaging the camera. At that point your Video camera has also has the tape jump from the heads.

For your helmet you only really have a choice to put it up top. On the front is reserved to helmets like the Flat Top Pro and like helmets.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com