DJL

New Rebel XT

Well, my birthday was in December, it's my 29 and 3 months day!

Phree I got the kit. I'll have to get nice and sloshed again to get some proper lenses.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I did the same thing this last fall. I watched the Penn State / Iowa game, downed several beers while watching my beloved Lions choke again. Unfortunately there was a camera store right across from the bar. I took a look at the 20D and pulled out my credit card right after I beheld what five frames per second was all about. No regrets though the camera rocks!

Best Buy had their first one tonight. They didn't even have it on the shelf but searched their computer and found they -did- have one in stock. After some searching they found it and brought it out.

I agree with some who have posted. Smaller. Lighter. However, IMHO, the grip is too small and the dial a bit chinsey compared to other Canon products I've played with before.

Buttons are pretty tiny, too. Not built for anyone with fat fingers. ;)

Think my next digital will be along the lines of the 20D.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

To all UK people - Jessops have got them now. £698 with a kit lens. Or £748 body only. HUH?!!!

Had a quick play - REALLY small and light, seems pretty user friendly from the limited test i managed in 5 minutes at lunch!!!!:S
Never try to eat more than you can lift

"To all UK people - Jessops have got them now. £698 with a kit lens"

Wait for 7dayshop to get them. They are currently selling the 300D at £449, 10D for £699 and 20D at £925 (i see these go for more than this on ebay all the time!)
http://www.garywainwright.co.uk

Instagram gary_wainwright_uk

Bought one yesterday myself. Looks to be a super nice camera. I hope it holds up. I've never jumped stills before so this is going to be quite a learning experience for me. I'm excited and a little scared. I still can't believe I spent that much money. God I hope I get it back... hehehehehe

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

I still can't believe I spent that much money. God I hope I get it back... hehehehehe

That may depend on how your video concession works at your DZ. At our small two cessna DZ, the DZO allows me to charge and keep whatever I want for stills. I get $25 for each video, and as of date I sell a disk of stills to the student for an additional $20. About 90% of the students want the stills (they see them when we land). So in my book I get $45 a video jump instead of the normal $25. Doesn't take long to pay for itself that way.

Good luck, be safe and have fun!