BirdWoman

bulk mini-DV tapes?

There may have already been a question like this, but I'm too lazy to search for it...

A few years back at my old dz I remember a few of the video guys buying mini-DV tapes in bulk, and the price came out to about $4each. I have recently started flying tandem video and am getting tired of spending $5-6 per blank tape...

Does anybody know if there is a way to order blank tapes in bulk?

Thanks!
"I don't know where it is that I'm going, but wherever it is there I'll be!" --quoted by me

The people at tape resources are the shit!!! I got my order very fast and it was just what I was told. They also (depending on how many you buy) will sell you the tape racks very cheap!

Pendejo

He who swoops the ditch and does not get out buys the BEER!!

The tape racks rock huh? I've GOT to get a 10 case holder to take to the DZ this summer for my locker. Screw it right to the side and all my tapes will remain nice and organized all I want.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I like them a lot. We ordered 80 tapes from them and they sent us 3 racks. It was great to have the real racks to put them in. I've been using a make shift rack for a while.

Pendejo

He who swoops the ditch and does not get out buys the BEER!!

I like them a lot. We ordered 80 tapes from them and they sent us 3 racks. It was great to have the real racks to put them in. I've been using a make shift rack for a while.

Rack? I just use a plastic box. ;)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Rack? I just use a plastic box. ;)

ltdiver

2 full Shoe box's for my storage so far, working on filling box three.

Interesting you should say 'shoe box' size. My plastic boxes are just that size, too. :^) 2 going on 3. Nice size.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Well me too wondered mini-DV in past days but through research I found that www.tape4backup.com is good place to shop mini-DV and other things like backup tapes and many more. I have experienced from that site site is good their prices are cheapest. So That’s mine experience you can also try it….

I live 1.5 miles from a Costco.

They sell the Sony tapes (with the rack) 10 for $23.00 and they have them every time I go for them.

Sometimes they have a $5.00 off coupon. That's when I buy them.

No shipping cost is nice.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.