Nataly

Best way to download music?

Hi there. Just got hired working as a video editor and have actually very little experience :$..

We use Adobe Premiere and Pinnacle Studio 9. My boss uses Napster to get all his music, but for some reason it's all in .wav instead of .mp3--which both programs would accept. Any tips?
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

If your Boss wants you to download music via Napster, he's not really taking the (to put it mild) legally smartest route...:P

But when it comes to using music...neither .wav or .mp3 should be a problem...so it doesn't really matter which filetype you use (unless you are concerned with filesizes or minute differences in quality, but this is usualy not something to worry about)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Napster is now legal. It shares nothing but a brand-name with its infamous predecessor.

Alternatives:

iTunes
allofmp3.com <-- actually legal, and not going to rip off your cc details, despite being ridiculously cheap and based in Russia.

Napster is now legal. It shares nothing but a brand-name with its infamous predecessor.

Alternatives:

iTunes
allofmp3.com <-- actually legal, and not going to rip off your cc details, despite being ridiculously cheap and based in Russia.

Yes, those are all legal for personal use, but not for putting onto a commercial video.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Yeah, he pays for copyrights. I thought Napster was in .mp3 format as well. I don't know, I guess one of the programs doesn't recognise it unless he converts to another format.

Anyway, I think this job will be more like getting paid to learn to edit!! Can't complain! (All I've ever used is imovie on a friend's work computer--which was top of the line.. *sigh* it was so simple..)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Yes, those are all legal for personal use, but not for putting onto a commercial video.

Even purchased CDs aren't legal to be used for reproduction and resale (as in tandem videos). You would have to contact the publisher for permission to use them professionally.

I don't see them coming after you either way. Of course, your mileage may vary...

He pays for copyrights. There is a fee whereby he is allowed to use any music commercially. Anyway, it's none of my concern but it is legit.

Thanks for the tips, by the way. I may seek everyone's wisdome again, as I anticipate being completely confused at some point!!! Hell, it's a new job and I'll learn.. But I am so happy I can reach so many people out there with experience.

Apologies for the stupidity of the question--I do realise it's basic.. I appreciate the help.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

6 hours ago, billmogan said:

https://mp3tomato.com/ – Free tool to find and download your favorite songs. Just enter the name of your favorite songs or artists into the search box to enable you to download high quality mp3 files to your device in a few seconds.

We offer a free service without any intervention software. You are able to download any mp3 format for free with no account registration.

Seems overly busy, just gives this message     Flood control: too much captcha requests

I would also doubt that these "free" and clearly illegal files come without a viral load of some kind

Edited by gowlerk