atmosphair

Canon Rebel G settings

I just got a Canon Rebel G and am trying to figure out the proper settings for the camera. I have put it in Sports Mode as well as in Tv with shutter speeds of 125 and 500 and have had it shut down on me a few shots out the door. I land and the display is blank with the "empty battery" showing. I have fresh batteries and have changed them and sometimes this happens, sometimes it doesn't. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks! Alex

Alex, If your getting a low battery failure alert on the display screen and you put new batterys in it, either the fresh set of batterys was bad, or theres a problem with the power system in the camera. My suggestion is if its new, take it back and exchange it. changing the shutter settings will not cause a low battery failure. Good luck.

Hey since your here, now would probably be a great time to take fill in your profile.

Thanks for your input. Its not a battery issue as it happens to all the camera people here with Rebels intermittently. Once in a while they land and it has shut down a few shots out of the plane. Canon says that that battery message indicates that "you are asking the camera to do something it can't" and that these cameras weren't designed for skydiving... My question was directed at what setting people are using on the Rebel Gs. As far as license D-21379 -- 3,000+ jumps. Thanks!