lewmonst

All the little things about cameraflying...

Seeing your wide angle lens roll by you on jumprun next to the open door.
Didn't happen to me but I got to re-attachit, real quick :S

Getting a bolt thingie on the floor pointed out by your tandempassenger: "Hey something just dropped out of your helmet..." on jumprun with no clue if you're still gonna have a helmet + cameras when you land (happened to me last weekend).

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Things I learned this weekend.

1.) Mr. Murphy loves camera flyers as much as he likes the military.

2.) Check your camera gear after you have turned on your AAD, then wait 20 min and check it again.

3.) Carry a spare SD card in your suit pocket along with a lens rag and a spare set of goggles for the TI

4.) The camera bad luck gremlins will wait to strike when you have a full plane waiting on you, with another plane taxied and waiting behind it and then either crank your exposure setting up so high that it looks like you are filming in a blizzard or turn your auto focus back on.

Gaffer tape any switches you don't want changed in the airplane.

Test the zoom and snap a picture or two, just to make sure the zoom isn't too far in, and the camera didn't switch to another mode.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Last week I was spotting a tandemload. There were plenty of clouds so we were trying to miss those ;)

On jumprun, we were right above a cloud. I stuck my head out the door, trying to see when the cloud ended and if we would jump with the tandems or not.

Turned out, the cloud ended on time so we jumped. Lovely view, between the towering clouds in the distance. Would've been better if I HADN'T stuck my head + cameras out of the door though, as my lenses now had heavy condensation on them for the first few seconds of freefall, left from the spotting B|

ciel bleu,
Saskia

as my lenses now had heavy condensation on them for the first few seconds of freefall, left from the spotting B|

Wanna guess when I found out it was raining?

Ready, set, go.... OUCH!

Lenses had water drops on them... glad it was a no pay video that I just wanted to do.:$
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Haha, had to resurrect this thread... I can't believe I wrote this 10+ yrs ago. Remember when we jumped TAPES!!

Some things have changed, some have stayed the same. What are all the new little things with all this modern technology?
http://www.exitshot.com

I have a box of mini-dv's that I never captured. We hooked the camera to the TV after the jumps, and then in to the shoebox they went. :$

One of these days I am going to snag a working Sony mini-dv cam off ebay and capture one a day while I am off at work and the PC is just sitting there.

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P