bvacher

best lens for 300d?

Search for threads about lenses for 10D/20D, these are okay for the rebel too.

My fav on the D30 and the 300D for the short time I had it was an old Canon 35-135. Right now I'd buy the IS version for ground shots (depends on what YOU want, if you need a bigger angle maybe get a 19-35 or something)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

hi Brian,
Spend a bit extra and get the canon 15mm 2.8
Wait till we are in lake wales and its about £320 (£450 is the best UK price i've found)

With the conversion factor it works out at about a 24mm in 35mm terms.

I know Bruno started with the 300D and sigma 15mm but hes ditched the sigma for the canon.
See ya soon!
(are you going to the AGM?)

gary
gary
http://www.garywainwright.co.uk

Instagram gary_wainwright_uk

The 300d and the 20D have a different mirror architecture that allow them to use the new lenses that the 10D can't.

I know that has nothing to do with your question, but when you try and put the kit lens of the 300D on the 10D, it won't go.

I hate the kit lens. Would love to sell it, but I've lost it somewhere. Don't know where. I can't find it. Oh well. :S

The article was interesting in the fact that someone went to all that trouble to figure out how to alter that lens and make it 'more' useful. Maybe we'll all get that crazy if this rainy weather doesn't let up!!! [:/]

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

hi Brian,
Spend a bit extra and get the canon 15mm 2.8
Wait till we are in lake wales and its about £320 (£450 is the best UK price i've found)

With the conversion factor it works out at about a 24mm in 35mm terms.

I know Bruno started with the 300D and sigma 15mm but hes ditched the sigma for the canon.
See ya soon!
(are you going to the AGM?)

gary
gary

Gary,

I would be interested to find out what the issues were that Bruno ran into.
I've been jumping the Sigma 15 for over a year now, and haven't had any problems with it.

Any info would be highly appreciated.

Iwan

I haven't seen bruno for a while but i know that he ditched the sigma because he basically much preferred the results he saw with the canon.
I aint no photographer but his opinion is good enough for me!
I should be seeing him at Lake Wales in February so i'll get the specifics then.

gary
http://www.garywainwright.co.uk

Instagram gary_wainwright_uk

Don't forget the russian's 16 mm like Zenitar.

I am using the kit lense (18-35) with a 0.5 converter that threads in front of it (just like a camcorder). The result is something like a 14mm on a 35mm (full frame camera). It's a heavy setup that has troubles to keep focused, but I am having fun.

I've ordered the Zenitar 16 mm from e-bay and I'm waiting for it to arrive. It will work like a 26 mm on the 300D, so I'll have to shoot farther away. Or aim carefully.:)

Carlos Martins
Portugal www.cj.smugmug.com