aerialcameraman

D-box on a flat top pro

How do you guys mount your d-box to a flat top pro? I am getting a pc 109 and am getting a d box for it but was woundering if you guys screw both the d-box down and use a tripod screw for the camera in the d box. Pics if possible would be greatly appreciated.

I have the d-box screwed to the top plate (TRV17, not a PC style one) and you just put the camera in the box, close it and you're done!
No extra screws for the camera inside the box, it's kept in place by the box and the padding inside the box.

Iwan

Have you seen any DBox for the Sony HC85 not the trv80 ?

I have not, but contact hottamaly (here on dz.com) or call Bonehead Composites to find out. They might just be working on those or already have them.
They are not advertised on the website yet.. but you never know!

Iwan

The pc style d box has the hard red cord that closes the top of the box to keep the camera in. Has anybody had any problems with the camera moving causing it to tape the jump out of sight and having the tape gitter or flutter. Just asking or does it close up really tight so once the camera is in place it does not move. Also once you sight it in and remove the camera from the box and place it back in will you have to resight the camera or will it be sighted in still.

I have set my trv d box up on a FT narrow the same way as Iwan has, and have never had any problems with it. The camera sits snug, and can be taken out and put back in without worrying my sighting (have not had problems yet). Regards the foam in the box, I find that the foam stuck to the roof of the box deteroriates first, but taking the door off completely and rotating it 180 degrees after about 150 jumps keeps the fit nice and snug. After 300 jumps I replace the foam completely (and start the cycle again). The camera really is quite tight once the door is closed and the red cable is routed.

go to this site (www.rimworldvideo.com)
These are the mounts to have, he makes each mount custom to your camera and special needs..
Lonnie

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Kayak stores will have some..
for example...
http://www.kayakoutfitting.com/foam/neo.html

Google for 'self adhesive neoprene':)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Can't find my pics - I know they are here somewhere - but I have a Dbox/Still Combo on a FTP.

Makes it a little annoying when doing interviews for fades and stuff - but the damage/protection factor outweighs the annoyance ratio.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun