skajdajver

How to get the leather thing of the PC109?

Hi

Last week i got my new Sony PC109. And I would like to know if there is any way to get the leather strap of the camera? Without cuting it off with a knife. There is a release point in the back, but I cant understand how to get it of in the front.

Off all things to believe in - why not yourself

Since you don't want to cut it with a knife, I recommend using scissors.

It was the same story with the 105 and has been a similar story with a lot of different cameras over the years.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I had the same problem with my Sony HC40.
The salesman at the SONY Store recommended cutting the stitching that holds the nylon strap together, so I did.

The alternative was dismantling half the little components in the cover for the tape compartment.

Horror of horrors!

Hi

Last week i got my new Sony PC109. And I would like to know if there is any way to get the leather strap of the camera? Without cuting it off with a knife. There is a release point in the back, but I cant understand how to get it of in the front.

just cutt it off, you dont need it, and believe me you wont miss it.

However if you do cut it off you could always just gaffer tape it to your hand if you do miss the strap :P
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

This is how I did it:

1. Remove the 4 screws (the ones with arrows next to them) on the lid that the strap is connected to.
2. Fold lid gently upwards (very very carefully!).
3. Remove the 2 screws that the small metal bar is connected to (1 inside, 1 outside).
4. Push metal bar assembly inwards. Metal bar will come loose.
5. Remove strap.
6. Put everything back in reverse order.

Note: You assume full responsibility if you decide to open your cam. If it breaks, don't blame me. :)

/T

OK...heres a shot...
Cut Through one side of the loop as close to the leather reinforcement patch as possible.....and remove the strap
If you want to 're-use' the hand strap in the future....you can 'thread' the cut loop through and temp.secure it in place with gaffer tape.....or get out your needle and thread and restitch....

I didnt fancy opening mine up.......the thought of taking the back off ...and seeing springs and god knows what else 'springing out' across my front room.......on my brand new camcorder.......
well lets just say been there...done that

sometimes...simple is best

I am surprised there were more posts after Spidermonkeys definitive answer. I cut the metal bit off and when I am using it for other purposes than jumping I just reattach using velcro. My wife didn't even notice i had done it.

Im going to tell her .....
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+