bergh

Post your Camera Helmet .....

So I'm hoping to do some RW video once the northern season starts back up and I figured I would post some pictures of my helmet.

btw: although I have a film/digital still setup ready to jump I don't plan to start using it until after I get some more experience...

The Helmet is a Rawa my Video Camera is a Sony HC-32 with a 0.6 WA lens attached.

(For Stills I have a Rebel XT w/a Tokina 17mm WA and a Tounge Switch) I also have a Polarizer for the lens.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I just had to replace my PC105 so I got a HC-90 which was a little wider and squatter. The cool thing is it is a top-loading camera.. You tandem videots out there know how much fun it is to change tapes between loads when you're in a hurry and you have to remove your camera from your helmet to do so.. So, we made a hinge mount. There is a knurl bolt at the front that I loosen to swing the camera up and back for easy tape changes..
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

Hey Zee

Very Cool Looking Helmet Setup

It looks close to my Helmet setup
http://www.freefall-video.com/images/helmetPhotos/index.htm

Question for you about your flash configuration.
From your photo it looks like the flash is in a L shape position, why don't you mount it flat so it won't
be above your video camera? Is it because the Camera to Flash Metering?

I had Minolta 7xi 35mm with a 5400xi Minolta Flash setup that I had with the flash laying down on my helmet with the flash contols on top , this was a clean and low profile.

I use the same flash configuration with my Canon 10D/20D with a 580Ex flash

Videointhesky
www.freefall-video.com

i'd like to see some better pics of this ftp flash set up . And what is the video setup on it?

There's really nothing more to see....It's all duct tape and bungee cords ;) The video set-up is a TRV-30 with a Kenko 0.43 High Grade. I use that set-up for Tandem mostly (normally without the flash)

Question for you about your flash configuration.
From your photo it looks like the flash is in a L shape position, why don't you mount it flat so it won't
be above your video camera? Is it because the Camera to Flash Metering?

I set it up that way ( It does fold back flush if I want to) because the flash is automatically set to Bounce Flash when the bulb is raised from the base. That takes the camera out of High Speed Synch mode so the highest shutter speed I can use is 1/200 sec.

With the flash like it is it can synch at the highest shutter speed of the camera which is 1/8000 sec for the film camera or 1/4000 sec. for the digital.

That's a cool lookin' setup you've got there too.
Nice and clean and I'm diggin' the pain job too B|

Peace,
Z

Action©Sports

Here's my Sidewinder. I got it poilshed and custompainted by a local hero :P, and that cost almost three times the price of the helmet :D

..and I won't start filming untill june/july :D
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

Flat Top Pro, HC42, Cannon Rebel X (22.5-50 Sigma lens) 35mm,

I used closed cell foam (w/ gaffer's over it) for the still cradle and to enclose the front mount sight - I'm a paranoid SOB when it comes to entanglements. I routed the still switch and the cameye up through the top plate to keep the wires internal, and resessed the cam eye button into the side. The cutway is Bonehead's new one - which I mounted dead center rather than off to the side to make it more accessable by either hand.
Mass Defiance 4-wayFS website

sticks!