littlestranger

Sony DCR-HC30

I am flying a HC30.

I am very impressed with it.

I use it on a side mount when I am fun jumping or following students, and have it mounted on a FTP with my EOS300D for Tandems and filming FS etc.

The image quality is excellent and I particularly like the easy cam button.

The only critisism I have is that the power switch can be fiddly to operate with thick gloves on, something I have to do alot now the cold weather has arrived in Europe.

Buzz
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Do a search for HC30

Its in there

Yeah, I found it. Saying I didn't find anything was a bit of an exageration on my part.

Glad you still like yours freekflyguy, cause that's the kind of input I need, tried and true. Also found a post from Mike Zban about the titanium wide angle lens which I was also considering and have now decided against.

Appreciate the info.

Sony introduced the HC 20, HC 30 and HC 40 models in the spring of 2004. All three HC models share the same case, but the quality of the "guts" goes up with the price.
I bought an HC 40 five months ago and have done about 200 tandem jumps with it strapped to my left hand. My HC 40 paid for itself in less than 2 months.
The main reason I chose the HC 40 was its one megapixel CCD, the same size as the more expensive PC 109.
I have jumped it with both 0.3 and 0.2 wide angle lenses from www.generationfreefly.com.
As soon as a I figured out the "EASY" switch, color and contrast improved dramatically.

Overall, I am happy with my HC 40.

All three HC models share the same case

Actually, the HC40 case is a little higher than the others.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

Actually, the HC40 case is a little higher than the others.

It is VERY SLIGHTLY bigger. I have a HC 40 and have been very happy with it. BoneHead now makes a box for the HC20/30/40 and it works great....

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"