mewing120

Odyssey Owner Q's

For all of you that own Odysseys I have a question for you. Withyour rig on, where do your hip rings touch your body? I tried on my new rig and am concerned that the MLW is too short. the holes in the rings are right at the top of my hip bone. The Laterals seem perfect because they go right around my waist above my hips, but I'm thinking that the MLW could be longer. This may be all in my imagination because I have never had a rig that is taylored to fit me before. I am only 5'11", so the C-18 should work just fine. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ora Vivo

The ring need to be close the socket of your hip and it soounds close.

If the overall size of the harness is the concern assess how high the shouldeers of the rig are in flight.

Please as courtesy , adjust your profile to show a realistic number of jumps ...Eleventy billion/

Are the rings on the to of your hip with the leg straps tight or loose?
I think I am 5'10" (178 cm, you do the math!), and weigh 156 lbs and I jump a C-17. With my leg straps completely loose, the rig sort of slides down my back a little and pull the hip rings up to the point you are describing. I generaly thighten my leg straps fairly loose. When everything is on comfortably, the rings are close to the "center" of my hip bone, and the laterals perfectly horisontaly from the rig around my waist.

But really the only thing that matters is that is feels good. As we are all built differently a C-17 might fit me perfectly and not you, even if we are the same height. I'm sure that there is a C-17 and a C-19 around your DZ somewere. Ask around and see if you can try one on.

I'm 5'11-6'0 (does depend on how sore my back is). I wear a C-18. Its an RS so its kinda small. But when it sits with the leg straps tight it sits on hip bones, Which seems to me to be right where it needs to be to allow perfect freedom of movement. About 1-2 inches below belly button level. It really feels weird at first but after you get used to it its really amazing. My back up javelin (my old rig) does not have any articulation and I really really feel the difference. I put it on and really pout.[:/] To me it sounds like you got a perfect fit container. I hope you enjoy it, I have never had a rig that is so comfortable from the time I put it on till the time I take it off after landing.

--

Jonathan Bartlett
D-24876
AFF-I

I wear a C-18. Its an RS so its kinda small.

Container size (RS) doesn't matter a whole lot when discussing where the harness rings sit (it can be a factor for sizing the laterals though).

I've been told that a "perfect" fit for an articulated harness is if the middle of the hip ring is centered at the top of your hip bone (i.e. the first point that you can feel if you run your finger from your last rib down your side) when the leg straps are snugged up. That's how both my Reflex and my Infinity fit, and they were/are both real comfortable.

"I've been told that a "perfect" fit for an articulated harness is if the middle of the hip ring is centered at the top of your hip bone (i.e. the first point that you can feel if you run your finger from your last rib down your side) when the leg straps are snugged up."

Her's a neat way to find out if the hip rings/harness length are right for you.
Put the rig on, snug everything up, and point your fingie through the hip ring, raise your knee up, if the ring moves relative to your fingie, its your body thats the wrong shape.B|

This is essentially what Lisa suggested, but is easier than trying to guess where the centre of the "hip bone" is.

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Yes that is where mine sits. Right on the top on the hip bone. Near the actual connection point (the base of the curved triangle if you think of it that way) is just above with the hole sitting right on top of the highest point of the hip bone. Ideally that would be were the best articulation would be also since thats the pivot point of your leg.

--
Jonathan Bartlett
D-24876
AFF-I