salsicha

how many digital pictures?

i see a lot of guys here jump with a digital still camera.
i'm thinking about using one.
In Brazil we charge a specific value for a video and still photo jump. After the jump we just give the passenger the roll of the film, and the passenger develops it. We usually don't even see how the pictures were...
Do you do the same in your country?
And what do you do when you shoot digital stills? How many pics do you give to the passenger? Before the jump you say how many he/she can choose? Or does the passenger doesn't pay for the stills and later you show him/her?

thanks

While using digital, we set up our cards for around 40 shots. It maxes out the card and keeps everything "even".

How do you do that?

In Byron we shoot as many as we can get, so some customers will get a couple more shots than others.
Then we just burn the pictures onto a CD and hand that to the customer so they can print them up.

Currently at Jumptown, I am the only one offering digital stills to the students. It is pretty hush hush, as in i dont broadcast it to the world, and when i meet them, i give them the choice.... a roll of film or a cd of digital pics, one choice only, and I also tell them that i am the only one, so dont tell their friends about the digitals.

I take jpegs at max resolution, which gives me about 70 pics on a 256 card with a D70. I shoot whatever i can, and It is usually about 35-40 including more shots inside the airplnae, and more shots of the landing (usually with film I have about 2 or 3...sometimes 0 shots left for the landing.)

As i am dubbing the video, I am also writing the pics to a cd using one of THESE DEVICES so that i hand them the cd when it is done. the benefit is also that i can throw in a cd for myself and keep all the pics i take.

No extra charge for this.
jeff D-16906

We use 126 MB and use the largest JPEG file we can.
Comes out quite nice. We tried it in a group with standard 35mm cams, with just a 256 shoot you can, and there was some hard feelings. As a school, we decided to keep things pretty much even. Digi has a few more shots because they DO pay a bit more.
http://www.curtisglennphotography.com

I had an idea.
The passenger can choose between a roll of film or something like 20 digital shots. If he/she wants more shots, they pay for the extra shots you are going to give them.
We take a lot of pictures and they choose 20.
What do you think?

I had an idea.
The passenger can choose between a roll of film or something like 20 digital shots. If he/she wants more shots, they pay for the extra shots you are going to give them.
We take a lot of pictures and they choose 20.
What do you think?

But then it's more work for you when they pick 20 (for less money) than when they take all of them. Much easier to do what the Byron guys do and just dump it all to a disc.