divernb

TRV38 Problems

I have a Sony TRV38 lately I have been getting lines across the video, I have cleaned the heads with a cleaning tape and also had an authorized Sony repair shop look at and clean it. I use Sony Premium tapes and the camera is in a D-Box has anyone else had problems with this model?

Tell me this isn't serious because the way it's described sounds like what my trv22 has been doing here lately. Though the lines are more grey then black and sometimes they are of a different part of the video that is frozen. Sometimes I can ff till they dissappear then rw back to the begining and pause, but if I stop and restart then they'll be back. I've run a cleaning tape threw a couple times and that seemed to help but it still happens occasionally. Suppose it's time to send it off for cleaning.[:/]

Huh?!? What cloud?!? Oh that!!! That's just Industrial Haze
Alex M.

Your drum motor is about to fail. This is a major fix. I just turned down the same repair for a $350 price tag. Good luck.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Drum motor and LANC port. Not Sony direct but a service center. Sux.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Don't mess with an "Authorized" repair center, TRUST ME. Send it direcetly to SONY. Go to sony.com and find a SONY repair center. The one in San Diego kicks ass. How long ago did you (or your dad) buy it? Do you have a receipt, is it under warranty?

good luck
peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

My TRV 11 finally bit the dust Saturday... same grey lines across the screen.

I finger that I've paid it off a few times over after 5 years of service...

Opted to buy a TRV 19 on Sale/Clearance at Best Buy... $537 with a 4year warranty.

So I'm back in business... I hope I still have a TRV D-Box for that camera lying around here somewhere....;)

GraficO
GraficO

"A Mind is a terrible thing to taste."