mouth

Lens suggestions for PC 120

I need a lens for my PC 120. I've looked at the fish eye and the diamond lens but really don't understand much of the differences. I know the fish eye puts a curve on the pics and the diamond is quite expensive. Someone put it in plain terms that a novice can understand which each does and what the cost differences would be so I can order something soon.

BTW...it has to fit in my RAWA helmet which has a protective lip over the lens. Will the diamond lens show the lip do you think?

Thanks

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

What kind of camera flying are you wanting to do? Video of dives you are IN or outside camera work? Fisheye is primarily used for specialty type video and very close up work. Diamond (.3?) is a very wide lens also. If you want to do outside work, get a .42, .5, or Sony .6 Ask some of the vidiots at your dz if you can look through their cams at the field of view, compare all the lenses you find on the same object from the same distance and see what the difference is. Hope that helps.:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

For outside video, you will probably want a 0.5 or 0.4 wide angle lens.
I used to use a Diamond 0.3 for hand-mounted video and found it a great lens with now "fish-eye" affect.
Currently I am jumping a Platinum 0.2 (also from www.generationfreefly.com) for hand-mounted video. The 0.2 has a slight fish-eye affect that is only noticeable in "rectangular" environments, but insignificant in freefall. If I hold the 0.2 lens too close to tandem students, some of them "grow" huge noses!
Hee!
Hee!