turtlespeed

Preferance

I am looking for a switch - (these things are getting expensive)

I have used the tounge switch up till now - but it seems that I can't get them to last longer than 3 months or so.

Please add your prefferance to the poll above -

Then if you don't mind add your reasons why below.
Thanks.

PS - there is aboogie coming up in about a month that I have to have reliability for. So if there are alternative manufacturers and/or home made kits - please list them as well.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I went through two tongue switches all within about 7 months. The first only only lasted a few days before malfunctioning and the second lasted several months. I even had little balloons covering them so the saliva would not get in the switch and cause problems, but still it decided to croak.

I found it difficult to activate the tongue switch during a skydive. Another words, I would think that I was pressing the swtich, but really was not, so I missed several shots that way.

I went to a bite switch since and it's been great ever since.

my tounge switch has never failied in almost 3 years, even got transfered to my new helmet n stuff (which meant unwelding and rewelding)

Maybe it has to do more with the plug than with the switch itself. I use a minolta plug which is made at a sturdy 90 degrees and doesnt bend at all.

I keep a backup one with me, but luckily never had to use it.

is it getting stuck? if so it might be pressure,

if it works in the plane just before you jump it might be that the conection plug is moving around in the air and therefore no contact/no pics.

Is it as it came from the factory or did you cut it and weld it?

Well - I checked everything out - evidently something is wrong with the switch again. - Clicked off 10 pics and it stopped. Then it clicked off one - then two - then none for a while - I left it alone and then it clicked off 4 or 5 - Into the trash it went!
I have a spare - I guess it is one of those costs that has to be absorbed by the cost of the photos.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Try to put the switch between your lips and teeth just before deployment so you won't bite it. My tounge switches last about 800 jumps or so. Congrats on your pics....

Cheers,

Tony

That's a great Idea - I'll give it a try -

Amazing how the simplest answers can avoid you?[:/]:D

Thanks again