NeilQ

Panasonic GS120

Is anyone using one of these?

No.

I was wondering if it does the split second blur thing on opening shock that the PC105/TRV range are prone too?

Never had this problem with any of my Sony TRV's.

btw, why don't ya fill out the rest of your profile so ya don't look so much like a wuffo. ;)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Sony has a nice 3-CCD in the new PC-3xx series.

The PC-330 and PC0350 do not have 3 CCD's. They have one.

They do have 3 CCD TRV cameras, but their image stablization systems have problems in freefall.

The Sony VX2100 works well, but is expensive.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Never had this problem with any of my Sony TRV's

I thought this was fairly well documented. My understanding of this was the 105/TRV33 etc have a magnetic zoom which can be "overpowered" by opening shock, I've seen it plenty of times on footage from these cameras. I bought a trv33 and then sold it un-used for this reason! If you turn the camera off and tilt it back and forward and look into the lens you will see the the internal lens sliding back and forth. The pc9 and the new pc330 doesn't do this hence no blur, I just wondered what kind of zoom the Panasonic had.

I only BASE jump now so the opening shock maybe a little more brutal than skydiving openings...

Neil

As I've said, I've never had any problem with any of the TRV's I've owned. TRV8, TRV10, TRV22. :P

As for the 33....Don't think anyone at my DZ flies one of these. The 22 does just fine. :)
ltdiver

There is one at my DZ but can't really comment anything about the usability or such. The image quality though looks very good and the colours are bright and the user seems to be very happy with it.

I'll probably have to ask him more about it since I'm on a market for a camcorder too and GS120 looks very good in the specs.

The PC-330 and PC0350 do not have 3 CCD's. They have one.

D'oh!:$ Good catch, Andy. I got the megapixel on the still mixed up with the CCD for that model. Thanks!
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

I've been using a trv22 for a while now, never seen any blurs, i like it very much. i've seen the work of a trv33, no blurs either. sorry.

The only kind of 'blur' I've seen on opening is when some duffus leaves the camera on 'auto-focus'. :S

ltdiver