BlueSBDeath

Flat mounting still on top question

Is anyone mounting their still on the top without the use of a strobo-frame or gold-member?

I want to know how to keep it tight enough to not turn very easily, or am I just a puss and need to put some ass into it??? :)
Arvel
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

Is anyone mounting their still on the top without the use of a strobo-frame or gold-member?

I want to know how to keep it tight enough to not turn very easily, or am I just a puss and need to put some ass into it??? :)

Yeah, put some ass into it :P ha ha

Use some cork or something, glue that to the top of your helmet and you're done...
I like the stroboframe (I haven't seen the goldmember so I can't comment on it) because it allows you to quickly add or remove the camera from your helmet without having to deal with screws..

Iwan

Before I broke down and got a stroboframe, I was using a piece of grip-tape ( I think that is what it's called, maybe super-velcro?) and a tripod screw. It kept it from turning. but was a hassle to take off.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

I made a simple 'L' bracket. In addition to the thumb screw, I attach a strap to the top of the camera and the 'L' bracket where the neck strap would attach to the camera.

It might be more than is needed to attach it but it is secure. The 'L' bracket is a bit taller than the camera. The hope is that it might take the hit from the ceiling of the airplane instead of the camera.

Also, there is a little support for the remote cable attachment point. Not much but a little bit none the less.

I'm with Iwan and JP on this... Orchard Supply sells cork and other materials.. I stick 1/8" thick cork to my mounts usign carpet tape.. It's easy to use and removeable down the line if you would ever want to..
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures