mewing120

Gear Bags

We've had this discussion before, if you do a search, you'll probably find it.

Now, what I use, a duffle with wheels that fits all of my gear (rig, jumpsuits, etc) cost me $25 at Wal-Mart. It even matches my colors.B|

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

luggage places

Then you'll spend WAY too much.

If you're willing to spend it, No Fear has a kick ass gear bag (for motocross) that you can pick up at motorcycle shops/online stores. Very big, very tough, very nice.

I have one of those airline carry on bags. Although I did splurge on one that has backpack straps and waist strap so when I go to places like Lost Prairie where the wheels are pretty much worthless I can just strap it to my back and carry it down the hill.

Another option is go to an Army surplus store and find a kit bag, they are big enough to fit a rig and an extra canopy. (we use these to transport gear from the DZ to the loft.)
Fly it like you stole it!

I bought mine at Walmart, it cost me $15.

The only downside is that it does not have the logos of gear stores or manufacturers, nor is it in my custom colors. Some people would argue that's an upside, though.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I bought a “Skydiving” gear bag, size large, and regret it. All the neat stuff in the catalogue is so tempting for a newbie like me. I can’t fit everything in it and end up carrying another duffel bag for my helmet, additional clothing, and other “stuff”. The shoulder straps are in a weird position and it’s not comfortable to wear. I’ve seen people toting the rolling suitcases and if I had to do it again I’d go that route. Plus (IMO) a suitcase in your car is probably less interesting to a thief than a gear bag.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22assault+cargo%22

Those are some options. You can find those types of bags for like 20-30$ dollars, and they look pretty sturdy. I ended up buying a oversized duffle from www.campmor.com for $13.00 on clearance.

But definately dont spend the price for a "real" gear bag.

sorry sounds silly taht you dont want to pay the mony to protect your loved gear proberly,i had my gear bag for 3 years now,you cant see it on it...
if you buy a 50$bag in k-mart it sure is dead whith in 2 years

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Just an old canvas bag from an army surplus store is the way. I use an old one i foung in the closet. The old probelm with mine is that it has a metal teethed zipper so i am extremely reluctant to ever put my canopy in it unpacked. Some thing to think about..

if you buy a 50$bag in k-mart it sure is dead whith in 2 years

Funny, I've had my $20 Wal-Mart bag for 2 years and its still looking good, no tears, rips, etc. Basically except for a pull-up cord tied to it, it looks like I just bought it.

Yeah, I know what you were saying, I was just trying to say that cost doesn't always dictate functionality. Although, more often then not, you do get what you pay for, not always though. B|