Brains

camera jacket questions

I need help. I bought a camera jacket from flitesuit. I like the way it fits, but i am confused as to how to attach the wings. On other brands, the snap shackel is attached to binding tape, hanging from the wing such that it can be looped around legstrap, etc, then back to itself. This one came with the shackle attached to the wing and a piece of binding tape tied on like i am supposed to do something with it??:S:S

The purpose of buying the jacket was so that i could wear my ff pants or shorts or as some smart ass said, even a thong if i wanted to. If i have to sew a loop onto everything to attach the wings to, then i need to do something different. Can someone please help me??[:/]

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

That's too damned funny - and disgusting at the same time - Brains skydiving in a thong.....eeeewww

I used to hook mine to the hardware on the legstraps and that worked just fine. Just make sure you hook it through the UPPER portion of the hardware so it doesn't loosen your legstraps when you pull your wings tight:P Of course, that depends upon how long the wings are - you might just have to hook'em to that thong of yoursB|

Just another thought - When I first got my Tony Jacket - I took those tiny key rings and put them on the hardware for the legstraps - then all I had to do was hook the sanp to the ring and I could wear shorts/ ff pants - what ever - besides a thong that is.

Peace,
Z

Thanks Z, actually moffett dared me to fly camera in my jacket and a thong, might just have to do it.:D

I need to put it on with my rig i guess, it looks like they are too long to hook to the hardware, there also not swoop cords in the sleeves, maybe that is what the extra binding tape is for?

Did the damned thing come with a note "Some assembly required"???

Look for a small loop somewhere inside each sleeve. You can take the binding tape, tie one end to the loop inside the sleeve, and then make a loop for your fingers on the other end - That's the only thing I can think of - If you don't have any swoop cords it just pulls the sleeves right up your arms.

Oh yeah, another idea - If you can get someone to do a minor bit of sewing - Remove the snaps from the wings and sew some doubled up binding tape to the end of the wing. Then you can sew the snap to the end of the binding tape. That should make it look and function pretty much like mine.

Peace,
Z

Did the damned thing come with a note "Some assembly required"???

No, that is why i am asking you.:P

Look for a small loop somewhere inside each sleeve. You can take the binding tape, tie one end to the loop inside the sleeve, and then make a loop for your fingers on the other end - That's the only thing I can think of - If you don't have any swoop cords it just pulls the sleeves right up your arms.

I have been jumping one of scott sanders suits and one of clint's suits, i know what swoop cords are for, this one ain't got none.:D:D

Oh yeah, another idea - If you can get someone to do a minor bit of sewing - Remove the snaps from the wings and sew some doubled up binding tape to the end of the wing. Then you can sew the snap to the end of the binding tape. That should make it look and function pretty much like mine.

Peace,
Z

I think that is what i am going to do. It would be more like Jason's firefly also then.;) Thanks again Z.

He's in a hurry to see how it looks with his new tooth paste blue thongB|

Stop it.

Just Stop it!

I know Jeff and I really don't need or want the visuals.

Jeff - My suit came with adjustable plastic snaps like a belt has -

I took them off and sewed the Swoop cordsdirectly to the sleeves - My guess is that it is left that way so that you can do the adjustments your self.

Still - call them and ask.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

:|

:o

I think not.

Not YOU clint, Clint Hillis.:D:D

I was making a funny.
Clint is a great guy, I met him in Eloy at the DZ.com boogie. And I had seen him I think at the AOTMB and Maybe even Summert Jam.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun