uvao

Bite Switch for SONY V1

Hi people. I have a SONY V1 digital camera and now I'm looking for a bite switch for it. Always I see bite switch for Canon, but not for Sony. Where could I found this bite switch for Sony? Or maybe I could make this bite switch, but I need to know how do to it. Could anyone help me?

The reason you probably won't find a switch for it is it does not appear to have a simple "contact closure" type port but rather a LANC type port.

You'd first have to purchase something along the lines of a LANC controller like THIS and then do some work adapting that.

It should be possible to do it, but you'll have to do it yourself.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Thanks for the SONY Style link quade :)....I use that very pendant/switch, to run the Sony DCS-V1 camera from my left hand....
The pendant allows me to turn the camera on or off,, It gives me an amber indicator light to tell me the camera is ON.. It lets me fire the shutter, with my thumb...and even lets me zoom the lens if I want.
I use the spring loaded clip to secure the pendant to the inside of my hand, by clipping it right onto the "tube stow" part of my altimeter which slips over my 2 fingers... I can then open my hand if needed, and the pendant stays in place... The wire is 5 ft long... It runs up the sleeve of my jumpsuit to a point near my left collarbone... I cut the wire and spliced in a plastic "molex" connector..The pendant stays in the jumpsuit sleeve most all the time....BEV SUITS made a fabric channel for me which runs from the wrist to the collar.The helmet carries the camera and the pin end mates to the "accessory" port... The wire feeds under the padding of the helmet and emerges near my left jawline... The 3 pin molex connector is on a short lead, which allows me to mate the wires, and stow the excess inside my jumpsuit zipper....
The only bad part is that the pendant can interfere with using the left hand most effectively on floater bars, and climb-out handles... I find I use the ends of my fingers more than my whole hand....
some picture samples are attached..
The camera isn't super fast nor will it fire many many frames/ second, but it captures nice images.
see attached.