vdschoor

High quality photo printer

All,

I am looking to buy a high quality photo printer and for the longest time I was looking into buying the Epson 2200. I've worked with Deuce's 2200 and I absolutely love it, but now Epson came out with the R800, which looks like a very nice alternative.

Any opinions?

Iwan

From the reading that I've done, the R800 look great. It is the printer that I am planning to buy. I haven't gotten any first hand experience with it but it looks great from the reviews and other on-line feedback and reports.

Let us know if you decide to get it.

looks good, except for the fact that it does not do the larger sizes... i.e. 11x14... but if you don't need, or want that... I was thinking about picking up its little brother, the R200 ($99), just for doing CD/DVDs

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Why not get this one? It does the larger format, i've seen it work and it has great results!

Seems to be the same price as the smaller one. What advantage does the smaller one give you?

Kevin

I agree that it does the larger formats, but.. and this is a big one, the inktcartridge for that one is muchos expensive I heard. It's one cartridge with 6 colors in it, compared to 7 individual cartridges in the smaller one.

So if you run out of 1 color, you just replace that color, with the 1280 you need to replace the whole cartridge even though the other colors might still be half full.

Iwan

I recently bought a Epson stylus Photo R300. I have used alot of photo printers and it is without a doubt the best printer for every job it even comes with a CD attachment to burn photos onto CD's.It also has 3 different card reader slots so you can take almost any memory card and print the pictures without having a computer. (It has a seperate mini monitor to view the pictures if you want)
Smart buy and excellent printer!
"Dropzone.com, where uneducated people measuring penises, has become an art form"

We've got the 1280. While it's true that there is only one cartridge that carries six colors, they seem to do have done something right. We seem to run out of each color at roughly the same time, so there doesn't appear to be a huge cost associate with throwing out unused ink.

Strangely, we've only gotten good results after turning up the saturation about 20% in photoshop before printing, but the prints really are very good quality.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

we've only gotten good results after turning up the saturation about 20%

That is strange, I have not had to do that to get good results from the 1280...

I have had similar experiance from the ink cartriges.

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

we've only gotten good results after turning up the saturation about 20%

That is strange, I have not had to do that to get good results from the 1280...

I have had similar experiance from the ink cartriges.

J

That's good news, I thought the ink cartridges were going to be a big issue, I guess I should have asked earlier on here.

Regarding the ink droplet size on the prints, the 600R has 1.5 picoliter droplets, the 1280 and 2200 has 4 picoliter droplets.

I assume the R800 has much finer print than the 1280 and 2200 then? or is this a mis-interpretation of the specs?

Iwan

I think you are interpriting the specs correctly. I have not found the details to be a problem with the larger droplet size on the 1280. Add the larger formats available with the 1280 and it is the winner for my GP photo printer.

J