slayer21016

Custom Content Delivery Test

Hey Folks

I'm expanding into building custom media players/containers for my and others skydiving videos or other types of media. This custom QT player Multi Player Test is a test of functionality and the video was more of an after thought, I just threw it together for the player. What this player basically does is to only load the videos (3 separate videos) when the appropriate links are clicked on and it seems to work pretty well but is still under construction, the content is video right now but it could be used for any thing like music, text documents, slide shows, Quick Time VRs or flash to name a few. Any comments as to how well it worked for you would be appreciated if you can spare a few minuets. The player will open on your desktop so you must have Quick Time installed on your system Win/Mac (the player skips the browser plug-in).

I used QT but I could have use Windows Media or Real and maybe my next project will be in the wmv format for a change of pace.

And my web host is starting to suck so I'm looking for a new host and what I'm looking for is 500+MBs of space and at least 25+Gig of bandwidth per month for $25-40 per month and if any body could point me towards a host service that fits this bill it would be appreciated.

Blue Ones
Scott

I like the basic concept and programming.

Not so wild about some of the content. the movies themselves are great, but what's the deal with the sound effect and whooshy clip everytime I mouseover one of the buttons. Yeah, the first time let's me know something is about to happen or could happen, but, ok, I get it . . . it's a freekin' button.

Also, what's the deal on all the colors and fonts?

Fewer is better. Much easier to look at.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

what's the deal with the sound effect and whooshy clip everytime I mouseover one of the buttons

Yea that needs to be fixed, its an out action that needs to be re-associated. But what if I changed the sound to the roadrunner zipping out of scene?.

Also, what's the deal on all the colors and fonts?

I've always laughed when I read your signature Quade and never thought it was true, but it is (just kidding) actually I'm just the opposite of conservative and I see the world as a very colorful place just look at our canopies and rigs and jumpsuits, some people are literally glowing, and the clients get conservative if thats what they want but I like gaudy for my personal projects. So I guess I can be a conformist when I have to just not this time. And thanks for testing it out and the feed back.

And Phree ill check out your suggestion for readyhosting and thanks for the info and ill see you guys soon I hope.

And we still need more CDL drivers for the dropzone.com trucker ways at the WFFC this year.

Blue Ones
Scott